“Get pampered”
Review of Hotel Costa Galana

Hotel Costa Galana
Ranked #6 of 157 Hotels in Mar del Plata
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second time here, and it's always better than I expect. The spa is well equipped and kept, they have a great outdoor pool and the breakfast is awesome. The treatment you get is their best feature. I recommend it and will come back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here with our family to celebrate the New Year. Staff was friendly and helpful. We used and enjoyed all the facilities, pool by the ocean, heated pool on the third floor, spa. The breakfast served ample amounts of food, but besides the fresh fruit, the quality of the breakfast was below par. For the price you're paying they should really have better medialunas. However, it was a relaxing and carefree stay overall.
Check with your travel agent for promos. We got extra discounts for staying 7 nights and they threw in a handful of free lunches/dinners/drinks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KatalinaTravels
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed here with member of my family early January. The hotel has pro's and con's but my overall opinion is that it was an amazing place 15 years ago. The place looks a little dated and could do with bringing up to date. That said, the service was excellent and the food/drink was also. The only reason I am being critical of this hotel is that we had to pay USD $276 per night and for this, in other cities, you do get ultra-modern facilities. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: From what I saw, the rooms on the higher floors are more modern.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The location was good and the view very nice, but the service is very average. The front desk attendant told us our room was not ready (@5pm), just a few more minutes and then he left and never returned! After we waited for another attendant, they never apologized for the delay. They also never explained anything about the hotel (breakfast, spa, restaurants, amenities, etc.). In addition there are not stairways (emergency only) and the elevators took forever! On a positive note, the beds are comfortable (but ours had 2 twins for a married couple) and the showers are very nice. Overall, it was too expensive for a mediocre hotel, but you paid for the view and location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie B
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We just spent the weekend in Mar del Plata and stayed at the Costa Galana. It was not what I had expected! Although it did have a great location and the bed was very comfortable, I had expected total impeccable, but found several things not to our liking. First, the shower had 1/2 a glass door and although the water didn't spray out the back (where the door wasn't) it leaked terribly out the front where the door was. Second, the light was terrible. If I hadn't had my kindle with a light attachment I wouldn't have been able to read. Third, the man in the room adjoining ours felt like he was IN our room. He was not a part of our trip, but his phone conversation was!! (and he wasn't talking very loud, it's just that the walls felt paper thin.) The bed was great, but the pillows were big hard foam. I know everyone has their preference to pillows which is why I think a 5 star hotel should have a couple hard, a couple soft, etc. Also, there were no drawers, just shelves.

Next the breakfast was okay. They served many many many plates of medialunas, fruits, some cheese and ham, totally runny eggs, greasy bacon, lots of sweet cakes, cereals, yogurts, some juices, and basic bread. There were two other types of bread, a white roll and a brown one. I would have liked to see a bit more variation in the bread department! Also, they played Eric Clapton both mornings for breakfast! I would have appreciated a more calm type of Sat/Sun breakfast music selection instead of soft and not so soft rock n roll! And last, there was no coffee maker in the room. I have stayed in many many hotels not with 5 star ratings and they had little coffee makers in the room!

The hotel did have its up points. The staff was very courteous! The maid brought us a down comforter on Sat night after I had seen other rooms that had one and we didn't. The bell boys and door men, and the front desk people were all very helpful. When I asked in the morning for a reservation to be made for dinner at a restaurant and then spent the entire day until 7 at night out, I was very happily surprised to find in my room a note with the information of the restaurant and the reservation!

The spa was amazing. Beautiful views, clean, and well equipped. The only down side is that you have to book ahead as when I went at 7 am on Sat morning all spa appointments were already booked for the day up until 9 at night, what a shame!

Next time I will probably look at a boutique hotel instead of such a large one!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol E
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is a 5-star hotel and worthy of its rating. We didn't try the restaurants (but the menus are reasonably-priced) and forgot to take gym gear to try the fitness club. However the room offers any amenities, sheets and towels are changed everyday, room service is quick, efficient and reasonably priced. There is an open-air swimming pool and a spacious garage. The town centre is somewhat distant, though, approx. 5 kms / 3 miles.

Room Tip: Any room is good, as long as it faces the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank albul
Reviewed 5 November 2012

A very modern, luxury hotel, in Argentina well known coastal town of Mar del Plata, right across the street from the beach and walking promenade, perfect for runners or simply walking for pleasure. The hotel has its own spa and outdoor swimming pool, garage facilities with valet parking,excellent dining facility, as well as well appointed and spacious rooms. A very ample buffet breakfast is included in the price of the rooms as well.

Room Tip: Front rooms and corner rooms have excellent ocean views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family