“Dinner Not Great, but Better Than Fast Food”

Southern Dunes Golf Club
Ranked #13 of 70 Restaurants in Maricopa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a Golf Club located in Maricopa, AZ. Since there are few sit down restaurants in Maricopa, this might be interesting for some. We have eaten there 4 times and overall it is very good, with reasonable pricing. If you are a golfer, you can do that and have a nice meal.
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is Maricopa's version of fine dining, a step up from the multitude of fast food and pizza places that we have, but not a very big step up. We went for dinner on a Friday night to celebrate Father's day a little early. My father had the prime rib and I had a fish dish. Both came with a salad. The portions were decent and everything tasted almost as good as home cooking leftovers, nothing special. The fish was a little overcooked and kind of stringy and chewy, the "risotto" was really just previously cooked white rice with a lot of cheese mixed in. Prices were reasonable for the amount and quality of the food.

Despite a nearly empty restaurant, the service was pretty bad as none of the employees we encountered seemed happy to be there and they were not trying too hard to hide that fact. I overheard the server tell someone else about wine specials, but when I asked about what those were she said, "Oh, it's just our usual wine list," which she didn't bother to bring us even after I asked about that. She also audibly sighed every time she approached guests and seemed pained to be polite. I am usually a very laid back diner and generous tipper who leaves a minimum 20%, but I only left 10% this night.

I might go back here to try a salad or something easier since the views are so nice and there really are no other choices in Maricopa for real food. However, I think it's worth it to drive to Ahwatukee or Chandler where I can get more of a dining experience with quality food and enjoyable service.

I'm guessing lunch here would probably be better.

3  Thank CHRIS C

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We just played in the southern dunes scramble and won the event at 18 under. The prize for winning was a foursome of golf that requires me to pay $25 per person for a cart fee. So winning this event cost me $100 and will still cost me $100 to play again. Oh..and i can't play until after noon on Saturday our Sunday...are you serious?? They should be ashamed! Not only will i never go back here, but i will tell every person i know who plays golf in the Phoenix area what a disgrace this place is

Reviewed 12 January 2013

The Town of Maricopa is the home of fast food places! Not much there, unless you really like that kind of low cost fast food. Grille 109 is a true restaurant and a break from fast food. Your items are cooked to order at a reasonable cost. Unlike fast food places. This restaurant does update their menu with new offerings.

On Friday January 11, 2013, my wife and I had an excellent lunch here. My wife tried something new that was offered–the grilled cheese. What could be new to a grilled cheese? First three choices of bread, then there's the perfect bacon, tomato and sliced avocado all grilled to perfection! Along with a side of Fries for under $10! I ordered chicken fingers with fries along with a diet Pepsi. Our total bill was $23+ tip.

I highly recommend Grille 109 and will return in the near future as it's not "far" from Town.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Maricopa is overflowing with low quality fast food stands–in my opinion. I refuse to call these places Restaurants. We tried just about everything Maricopa has to offer and found one Restaurant that stands out from the others. The Southern Dunes Golf Club Grill 109. Everything is cooked to order and is FRESH.

For today's (10/12/2012) lunch we ordered one serving of Fish and Chips & one order of chicken fingers with fries along with an ice tea and diet coke. The total food cost was $21.44 + tip. The quality far surpasses other offerings within Maricopa. My rating of excellent is based upon or against the other places to dine in Maricopa. You can't find better in Maricopa than the Grill 109!

If you're at the Southern Dunes for a round of Golf, Grill 109 is a great place to get refreshed!

1  Thank PropellerJourney
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We came here on a Sunday for lunch. We had spent the morning at Estrella Sailport soaring and the golf course and restaurant were on the way out. The restaurant is small but has a nice vibe to it. There's an outside patio area but it was a little too hot to eat out there so we opted for the air conditioned coolness inside. Service was quick and our waitress seemed really accommodating with a couple of special requests that my daughter made.

Our food arrived within 20 mins of ordering and it was obvious that everything was freshly made. My burger was hot and tasty but a little overdone. Still very good tho. My husband's spinach was good but the grilled chicken was a bit spicier than he liked. My daughter really liked her fish sandwich. The atmosphere was relaxed and quiet and we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Grille 109. If this were closer to where I lived, I'd definitely come back.