“It's not Fast Food, it's Fresh Food!”
Review of Tacos N More

Tacos N More
Ranked #21 of 67 Restaurants in Maricopa
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I had wanted to visit Tacos N More for quite some time as I’ve driven by it probably a dozen times. I finally got the chance and I was not disappointed. Their slogan is ‘It’s not fast food, FRESH FOOD” and I would have to agree based on my first experience. The place is small and diner-like. They also have what appears to be a small play area for kids. There are about 10-12 tables and booths. My wife had the ground beef burrito (Carne Molida) w/ cheese, pico de gallo and sour cream. She found the pico de gallo a bit too spicy, however, I thought it was great. The beef was really full of flavour. I had the beef intestines soft taco (Tripas) and the beef head (cabeza) on soft corn tortillas ($1.75 each). I know they won’t be for everyone, but boy were they good! I would surely (and will) have them again. I also had a red beef tamale ($2.50). Now, I’ve had this ‘thing’ about tamales for quite some time. Based on the ones I’ve had previously, I’ve always felt they were over rated. However, the ones at Tacos N More were moist and had flavour. Based on my limited experience, I would have them again. We stopped in at 7pm on a Saturday. A fair number of people popped in for food during this time. Service was good and staff were friendly. The food came out quickly. For a fast food place, they have a good size menu. They also have a kids menu. There is fast food and there is good fast food. All fast food places should be like Tacos N More. I will be back. I have to sample their beef tongue (lengua), fish and seasoned pork (adobada) tacos and menudo. Shame about their 'tipping' policy.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

God knows Arizona is thick with Mexican restaurants, from great little family places that barely seat a dozen patrons to the horrid chains like del Taco or Taco Bell.

This outstanding eatery has worked hard to get where they are, and if the recent long lines at the order counter are any indication, their work has paid off.

Previously occupying a kiss-of-death, semi-dumpy location on the other side of Maricopa's tracks, their move to their current location with more potential traffic has boosted their business to the degree that they've expanded to the unit next door.

If there's anything like home-cooked Mexican food out there, this is it. Fresh meats, great salsas, and generous portions. The taco salad is a screaming bargain and their chorizo and eggs are (to me anyway) addictive. Tacos stuffed with abodaba-seasoned pork are wonderfully rich and suffused with traditional seasonings. After this, the indifferent and monotonous offerings of the chains pales in comparison. This is what Mexican food should be.

I love this place!

Reviewed 13 December 2012

The food here is pretty good, and so is the service. The only thing I don't like is that the portions you get when dining in are larger than what you get when you order food to go. Some consistency would be appreciated, but overall, I still give this place an A.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Good selection, friendly staff and quality food. We are not normally Mexican food diners, so the staff's help was appreciated

Reviewed 18 July 2012

prices too high for the quality and quantity of food. Just go to Taco Bell and save yourself some money.