“Average”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The food is good & so is the service but I didn't feel like it wasn't anything I could get somewhere else. Love that we have a restaurant in Maricopa, and they've been here for years. If you're looking for a sit down Mexican restaurant you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Nice little place to enjoy a family meal. The food is pretty good, and the atmosphere is great. The wait staff is always super friendly, and the place is always so clean.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I wish there was a choice lower than one star. To put it simply, this place is horrible and not worthy of your time or money. Even if I looked past the bad service, poor food quality, I could not look past the long strand of hair in my soup. I ordered the small bowel of abondigas soup and cheese crisp ( what could they possibly do to a cheese crisp). The soup tasted like a canned tomato soup with mushy meatballs and some vegetables. It had no flavor whatsoever. The cheese crisp was nearly as bad. It was a cheap processed flour tortilla with too much cheese on it, horrible. My companion ordered a hamburger for her grandson, it was dry and over cooked on basically meat thrown on a dry bun, nothing else. I could go on but why, save yourself and drive on by this horrible place!

2  Thank Azbobbie0962
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

This place has a lot going for it. The staff are very friendly, great service & professional. Atmoshere is great with outdoor eating. We live in Maricopa & We have been there about 3 times. One out of three times the food was really good the other 2 times it was lacking in food quality. It's a shame, but they need to up their game if we're to come back.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

If you read the reviews to this place, you'd think the town of Maricopa had split personality. People give it ones, others give it fours. What's up?

Well, you have to understand Maricopa, which is not a huge town, and which is separated from the next closest area with multiple restaurant choices by a long stretch of road. Therefore, people here are happy to have restaurant choices period. Some folks would give McDonalds four stars just for having their doors OPEN.

I think that is all that may be keeping this restaurant from financial disaster.

Contrary to the experience of others, our service was good. The waiter checked on us often, and was nice enough to explain items on the menu. He was knowledgeable about the product he was serving, as well.

The queso was good. It was a large plate of queso, as well. The chips were nothing special. I would guess probably bulk buys from Sam's club. The Salsa, again, probably bought in bulk. Nothing amazing there.

Then the meals came. I ordered a chimichanga, my husband a burrito. We got the same thing. Neither were fried, the wrapper on mine was nearly completely uncooked. I ended up taking the meat out of the middle and just eating that. The meat in mine was tasteless. The red sauce was bland... The beans were very good, but that was hard to enjoy when the rice was bland, with no seasoning whatsover. Spanish rice should have cilantro, seasonings, ...kick! This stuff was lying there quite dead.

My husband ordered white rice. It came filled with carrots, peas, and other vegetables. Clearly not just white rice. This is not explained on the menu.

We ordered dessert--fried ice cream. They were out of ice cream. How can you be out of that with two grocery stores within your line of vision? It was explained you have to buy from "approved sources" when you are a restaurant. This is such bull that it isn't even worth dignifying with an answer.

Of course, we went to Dairy Queen afterwards for ice cream, and they didn't have any vanilla ice cream. Have you ever heard of a DQ without ice cream? Again, welcome to Maricopa...

2  Thank Bettyinoregon