“Terrible hotel service - ok Casino”

Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maricopa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I am a Diamond Club Harrahs member. Set up a one night stay for last night party with my 2 nephews before leaving Spring Training Trip. Booked via my regular Casino host. Was told no comps available but agreed to pay room rate. We realized we would be late arrivals on Friday night so I called 2 days ahead and told reservation agent that we would arrive arround 11 - 12 midnight and to be sure and hold my room. 2 doubles for 3 men. She said "thats fine lets book you in a nice room right now and hold it for you so it will be ready when you arrive". She thanked me for letting her know in advance. On Friday night at dinner 8 pm I get a call from hotel asking if we planned on coming???? Are you kidding? I called and make sure it was noted! She reserved our room in advance! We arrived Friday/ sat just after midnight. Man it is a haul out to this property! 15-20 miles out a very lonely road! We got our room keys hiked across the property and found our room. A SINGLE KING BED for 3 grown men! Called front desk and was informed it was all they had. I asked for mgmt and was told none was on duty. They brought us 2 roll aways. I dont mind if it was my mistake. But, I took all care in making sure we informed them in advance of our needs and arrival time. I was promised one thing and given another! It wasnt a comp and I paid the rate, drove out of my way because I wanted a Harrahs property. This is NOT Harrahs setvice I am accustomed to. I will never be back to this property. AK-Chin is not up to the Harrahs Standards. One compliment I will give is to the dealers and casino staff. Very friendly fun group

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Meinfarr
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Decided last minute to come spend the night. Used comp points so price was right.

Requested and received a king non smoking dog room. The room was very clean and huge. Lived that they were using "wood" flooring. Upon check on we received dog bowls, dog place May and poop bags. They usually provide some treats as well, but they were out.

Casino, well it's a casino, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

Buffet, pleasantly surprised at the quality and variety. Save room for dessert.

The staff, in every part of the resort, casino, dining, friendliest I've encountered anywhere.

If we are ever back in the area, we will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The staff at Harrah's Ak Chin are outstanding. The hotel rooms are very comfortable with in room coffee. But, I woke daily with an enormous neck ache due to the very thick pillows. I will return, but I'm taking my own pillow!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Very nice place, only a few miles from Maricopa,Az town. Resort has a beautiful pool and nice casino. Interesting waterfall with sculptures in front. Parking wasn't very good, there didn't seem to be ramps cut out for wheelchair access or pulling your luggage and you had to walk in the driveway area since the sidewalks didn't go through. Yes they do have valet parking also.

Our room was huge. Biggest disappointment was the dinner buffet ($13.99 with card). Was there on a Tuesday night and think many items needed to have been discarded tasted on the verge of spoiling, not fresh. Carved beef was really really tough! Staff didn't seem to care. Rest of our meals we drove into town which has a great variety of fast food and Chandler Az is only about a 15 minute drive from town with all kinds of stuff.

The Ak-Chin golf course was really nice and well worth the visit. Was in great shape.

Will return, but not eat there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigWazoo
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Again, like all places, some days slots are fun and some not so much. Nice bar. Range steak house is excellent. Buffet has great Asian and Mexican.The pool is large and lovely. Rooms always
clean.
The newest building has a fun sports bar, bowling alleys, movie theaters, pool tables and kids arcade so there's lots to do!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Not pleased at All!!! my business partner and I have shared a room this week - and all week long a dog barked from unit 120next door....drove us nuts !!! - when the dog wasn't barking - the TV sound through the wall was all night long.

I asked about the water temperature and no one came to look at it... And the final straw that has "broke the camels back" is requesting a late check out after being here all week and depositing a couple 1000 in the establishment - totally denied by front desk for a 130 pm check out...

Gambled , ate , and shopped all week here for that??? Will be the last time unless something changes between now and my 11 am " ordered" check out...

Room Tip: As for pool side or tower - because court yard for service vehicles is loud
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank 4mdavie
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We visited this casino twice while staying at a friend's in nearby Maricopa. We always like Harrah's in Las Vegas and had a good time here as well. There were lots of slot machines available, and a fun poker room where bonus money was put in the pot by the casino when touchdowns were scored during a football game. Only the free alcohol is missing. We had a late evening snack at Copper Cactus Grill - it is fast food and the choices are limited, but food was OK, especially the onion rings. We were back for Sunday brunch and it was delicious. Not too busy, staff was extremely helpful and nice. There were lots of food choices - breakfast items as well as lunch. The prime rib was great, and they even grill steak and salmon to order. Big selection of delicious desserts, gelati and a chocolate fountain. We were only sorry we couldn't fit in another visit here during our stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maricopa
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Home2 Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Holiday Inn Chandler
Holiday Inn Chandler
#9 of 34 in Chandler

Been to Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort? Share your experiences!