Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
US$234
US$189
  • Pool
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino(Chandler)(Great Value!)
US$78
Holiday Inn Chandler(Chandler)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$68
ComfortInn
US$75
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler(Chandler)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$78
TripAdvisor
4,166 results
All reviewsdiamond loungeslot machinestable gamesresort roomsswim up barnew toweragave restaurantcasino floorentertainment centergreat casinoharrah's ak chinmovie theaterpool areanon smokingphoenix arearange steakhousetotal rewards
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My first recommendation would be is if you want Vegas, go to Vegas. This hotel is a nice, friendly retreat away from the city. We stayed for four nights for Spring Training. It is an easy 20 to 30 minute drive to the three stadiums we visited. We arrived later than planned on a Saturday night and our requested room was not available. The next morning every effort was made to get us to our requested type room by 11 am. We stayed in the older rooms and had a patio with a slider. It is refreshing to get fresh air and I sat there every morning and had coffee and watched the birds in the trees. The food was very good and reasonably priced. You can use your Harrah's comps in every food establishment, even the Dunkin Donuts. Every employee we encountered was very friendly. Drinks on the floor are priced well, with specials on the weekend. The casino is small but we had some luck and enjoyed our evenings there after the days at the ballparks. Yes the wi-fi is very spotty but my phone worked just fine. I would recommend the hotel but understand you are not there for a Vegas experience. Enjoy it as a vacation spot.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a room not facing the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne W
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at Ak Chin twice this month. Once in the Tower which is brand new ultra modern high tech and once in the suites. Both stays were perfect. Ultra clean, ultra comfortable. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

First off, I will let you know that I had a 4 night comp stay here. I am currently in the hotel, about 25 hours into my stay. Check In was ok, although no one mentioned the eco friendly and not so user friendly power system in the room. My room was in the new tower, and the curtains are stained, one of the beds has dirty linens, the closet has grease marks on it, and best of all, on my smoke alarm there is red tape, covering it up. It clearly reads 'to be disposed of'. Not sure why it is there at all, but I have called about it 3 times, and nothing has been done yet. If I were tall enough, I would remove the tape myself. It is covering most of the alarm, so at this point, I'm hoping there is not a fire. Also, I was in my room for most of the day, with the DND sign on the door. When I did go out, I took the sign off of my door AND stopped at the front desk. I informed them that I would only be gone for 2 or 3 hours, and asked if they could call housekeeping to make sure I got my room serviced. The woman at the front desk said she would take care of it. 3 hours later, I returned, and wouldn't you know it, my room wasn't serviced. There were housekeepers near my room, so I gave them my trash and dirty towels.
I also WORK in hospitality. I would never treat guests like this. I don't usually write reviews, but I am very displeased with the 'hospitality' here at Harrah's Ak Chin. I look forward to getting my survey from them. I would only recommend staying here if you have free rooms, and if you do, don't expect much.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We loved the hotel! Very trendy and the rooms were awesome.

Rooms were large and the beds comfortable! Very cool design and look.

Didn't care for the casino. There was a poker tournament going on so they only had one table for cash games and it was $3-$6 No Fold em Hold em. You could not get the old regulars off of their chasing!

There was no live craps so that was disappointing!

They did have lots of slots.

Room Tip: There is a large entertainment complex next door
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KnightTrainTX
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I am a Diamond Club Harrahs member. Set up a one night stay for last night party with my 2 nephews before leaving Spring Training Trip. Booked via my regular Casino host. Was told no comps available but agreed to pay room rate. We realized we would be late arrivals on Friday night so I called 2 days ahead and told reservation agent that we would arrive arround 11 - 12 midnight and to be sure and hold my room. 2 doubles for 3 men. She said "thats fine lets book you in a nice room right now and hold it for you so it will be ready when you arrive". She thanked me for letting her know in advance. On Friday night at dinner 8 pm I get a call from hotel asking if we planned on coming???? Are you kidding? I called and make sure it was noted! She reserved our room in advance! We arrived Friday/ sat just after midnight. Man it is a haul out to this property! 15-20 miles out a very lonely road! We got our room keys hiked across the property and found our room. A SINGLE KING BED for 3 grown men! Called front desk and was informed it was all they had. I asked for mgmt and was told none was on duty. They brought us 2 roll aways. I dont mind if it was my mistake. But, I took all care in making sure we informed them in advance of our needs and arrival time. I was promised one thing and given another! It wasnt a comp and I paid the rate, drove out of my way because I wanted a Harrahs property. This is NOT Harrahs setvice I am accustomed to. I will never be back to this property. AK-Chin is not up to the Harrahs Standards. One compliment I will give is to the dealers and casino staff. Very friendly fun group

Stayed: March 2014