“entrally locaated”

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Cordoba
Riverside, California
“entrally locaated”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel Amerian, is centrally located. It is old , but great service and breakfast. They have built a newer part of the hotel which I have not stayed in yet. You are walking distance to many shopping and restaurants. Taxis always available. the staff is very helpful , speak English and are willing to help you with your daily activities.

Room Tip: we choose a room in the middle of hotel so we do not here the traffic....it is fall at this time of...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Spent a few nights in this hotel for a family wedding and it was fine for what we needed. Room was okay, fairly dark, but quiet as our room did not face the street. The air conditioning in our room did not work very well. It could never get our room cool enough. The bathroom was small and the towels were somewhat threadbare, but the water pressure and temperature were fine. The room and the hotel in general just looked somewhat tired. It would benefit was a little sprucing up! However, breakfast was included, which was nice and the central location could not be beat! The rooftop pool was fine. Nothing fancy, but nice with great views. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Raul C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Amerian Cordoba Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Estimated guest:
thank you very much for your visit! I waited again in Amerian Hotels

thank you!
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

This is well located but due to the location - on a main thoroughfare it is soooo noisy, even on the 9th floor. Service at the front desk is poor, they speak hardly any english and there is very little tourist information. There is no tourist information in the rooms, the machines in the gym don't work and some of the room furniture had not been cleaned for dust in ages. I had read that good accommodation in Cordoba is hard to come by. Don't stsy here unless you are a heavy sleeper, even with ear plugs I couldn't sleep. On a good note breakfast is very good.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest:

We have checked and corrected all the flaws that I see us in your comments.

I waited again soon.
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Spent three nights in this hotel for a business trip. Basic needs are covered. I guess that you get what you pay.

Location was very nice for my purposes. Ground transportation available all the time and it was very easy to get in and out of the hotel.

The weather and geography of Cordoba reminds me Cuenca, Ecuador.

Both very nice cities to visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had been there for work recently and their call centre had infomed us that the carparking was included in the room rate. There we find out that we had been missinformed and when we requested a solution the company did not provided any.
The gym is not as it looks, it is significantly smaller than in the photos and the machines need maintenance and cleaning.
Is good located and the breakfast is ok, except the coffee, which is BAD!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 December 2013

When I booked this hotel to stay for a week I didn't have high expectations since they weren't many options in the market to choose from. The hotel industry in Cordoba (in Argentina in general) is not the best and the options are limited to a couple chain hotels that lack investment and a few small and petit hotels that are not well run. It was either to choose from Sheraton, NH, HJ or a Holiday Inn. I prefer the Amerian cause I saw some of their other products and I like their consistency.

The hotel was very located just in front of the Shopping Olmos and the old city. Easy to move around and with a lot of shops. The rooms were very good prepared. With a good bed, tv and a clean bathroom. There was a lot of attention to detail and a staff that was capable to deal with foreigners but was not used too. They were friendly but sometimes limited.

The low points were a couple. First was the fact that the pool was still under maintenance in December but they manage to fix it. Another thing was the lack of an iron and iron board in a 4 star hotel for the guest. They do provide an ironing service but not and Iron in the room something that I hate. I'm the only one allow to burn my clothes and I do travel light so I don't have a back up.

Maybe the worst point (and not acceptable for me) was to have a self-service breakfast in this kind of hotel. It was a bed and breakfast style where you have to fetch the cutlery and prepared your own table. The products also were not fresh and the staff is there only to clean the tables and prepared for lunch. I'm not asking for much, just to settle a fork a knife and the cups.

Price was good and the hotel gave me a very good overall experience. My best option for this city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RMartinSDXB
San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The location is the sell, right next to Patio Olmos and a row of restaurants etc on Hipolito Yrigoyen, within walking distance of bars and more restaurants on Figuera Alcorta and beyond. About 1km from Sarmiento Park where I was able to run, even at night, with no problems due to the large groups of people exercising in the vicinity.

They were able to accommodate requests for a wine opener and a U.S. plug adaptor which they allowed me to keep for the length of my stay, as well as held our bags for a few hours on the day we checked out.

Downsides: my shower was a bit annoying never truly maintaining an even temperature, and check-in and check-out take longer than necessary.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business