We stayed here for a week for a conference. The good news is that as advertised it is a very central location, the linens were clean, and the rooms were indeed cleaned well every day. Free WiFi worked easily and efficiently in our room.Outside of that...
- the "down" button in the elevator never lit up. We had no idea if the elevator would even come
-some of the other buttons in the elevator did not light up - do they work or not
-often during "rush hours" one of the two elevators was often blocked off. This made for long waits in a 9-story hotel.
- most of the staff don't understand or speak English, but those who did were very helpful
- there is a notice in the room that it is forbidden to bring food into the room
- there was rust around the sink faucets
- when we opened the curtains the first time the curtain rod became detached from the wall
-the carpet in the very dank, and occasionally smelling of mildew, hall was clearly laid on top of a narrower rug
- there were many signs of peeling paint and wet walls throughout the hotel
- when we asked for two keys (real keys - no magnetic cards) they didn't have another set to give us
- no safe in the room
-no refrigerator or minibar in the room
In short it appeared that the hotel had not been refurbished since it had been built (guessing 40-50 years ago), and it looks and feels just that - old and tired.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Hotel Dora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.