“A food place not a restaurant...”
Review of Alfonsina I

Alfonsina I
Ranked #65 of 616 Restaurants in Cordoba
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saint Nom la Breteche
“A food place not a restaurant...”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I knew that the place was not fancy...decor is minimal with an imitation of a rural setting.
Menu is more pizzas, etc. And the local dishes not very good...no pleasure to havé a meal there in short !

Seoul, South Korea
“Wish we had had time to go again.”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Despite having been in Argentina for a couple of weeks we couldn't quite convince our tummies that ten at night is a reasonable time to eat dinner. We showed up starving just after seven during what can most easily be called "tea time." The only things on offer were sandwiches and drinks. We ordered ham and cheese sandwiches. The ham was aged pancetta style, the cheese thickly sliced, and the butter spread rolls were fresh. We also ordered a small bottle of wine and decided to try the mate. The mate came with a soft roll, butter, and marmalade. (I also used the marmalade on my sandwich.) It was our first time with mate and our helpful waitress walked us through the process. While the first mouthful is a bit overwhelming the taste quickly grows on you. I found it quite addictive!

• Visited July 2012
Cordoba, Argentina
“You can have Pizza with Mate!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

One of the very few places where you can try the national beverage of Argentina: Mate. Quite an experience... Also, very good food, Pizza and Empanadas are great, and lovely place full of locals...
(I live in Cordoba, and we always gather with my friends in Alfonsina), And, last but no least, the prices are very reasonable!

Silicon Valley
“Great Fun, Good Food”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The Food: The food here is good, that's as far as I can go. Not bad, not great.

The Atmosphere: This is the real draw. The decor here is funky, cool and fun. We showed up for dinner and stayed for a really good Cuban trio that was performing that night. Service is very good - our waitress was charming and attentive.

Overall, I'd say it's best to go at a time when you'll get some live entertainment.

• Visited January 2012
Germany
“Good food”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Try the cocido de lantajes (ate on twice days). If you miss vegetables during your stay in Argentina, here you get some down-to-earth dishes with vegatables. Always full !

Visited February 2012