“Romantic getaway MUST!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mayer
Creekside Preserve Lodge and Guest Cabins
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mayer
Phoenix, Arizona
“Romantic getaway MUST!”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

My new husband and I went their for our Honeymoon. It was an amazing experience. Everyone from the staff in the lodge to the staff in the restaraunt were so accomodating and very nice. This wasn't a 5 star resort that was all fancy but cozy, quiet, and comfortable. My husband and I enjoyed the jacuzzi tub just steps away from the bed! The food in the restaraunt was very much mom & pop greasy spoon type place, it was awesome. The nights we'd go up and order our food and they got it all together for us to take back to our cabing where we enjoyed a candle lit dinner. They even have a few old wagons made into eating area outside where we enjoyed our breakfast. We plan on going back every year for our anniversary....and maybe even just to get away. I recommend this place to anyone looking to get away and not spend a fortune.

Room Tip: All rooms look the same. If you don't want to order from the restaraunt make sure to bring food...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katrina L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chino Valley
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My husband and I have spent many getaway weekends at the Creekside Preserve Lodge. The cabins are cozy and most feature heart-shaped Jacuzzi tubs, gas fireplaces and views of Big Bug Creek.
In-house dining further enhances the experience.
We've also scheduled several company parties and business meetings as well over the years.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This is our 3rd visit to the Creekside Cabins.....my husband I love the quiet,rustic and the cozy cabins. We really enjoy the fireplace, the in-room heart shaped hot tub and the restraunt is just steps away for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff has always been very friendly and welcoming. If you are looking for a nice,quiet weekend or a place to use as your "base camp" this is it!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Tolleson, Arizona
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We visited the Creekside Lodge for our 27th anniversary, We were looking to stay at a rustic cabin with some modern amenities, these cabins were what we were looking for.and more, They are larger than they appear, cozy, clean and romantic, They have an enclosed patio with oversized log chairs which are the most comfortable while star gazing with your honey. A fireplace to keep you warm as you cuddle or spend time in the heartshaped hot tub. In room coffe, mini fridge and microwave oven for your convenience. Definetely a place i would recommend and revisit again and again, Pictures posted on the website do not do it justice,

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cecilia F
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My honeymoon was perfect because of this place. The people were the most friendlyist I have meet in a long time. The room was clean and airy. Big closed in back porch, that my dog loved. Yes, they welcome pets. It seems any size. I saw dogs as big as a Shapard. And the cook, Pat, will make your food great.
The bed was the most conforable. Woke up feeling better than I went to be. Would like to buy that bed. The tub was the most relaxing. Fits two will not trouble. Next time I want to try bubbles.
My husband and I plan on going back for a weekend real soon.
Great place to stay.

Room Tip: Santa Fe rooms on gound level, but porch not inclosed. Western rooms down little hill, but porch is...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We visited the Creekside Lodge from Phoenix, AZ. We had already assumed that the cabins would be "rustic," but that was something that we were looking for. First thing that we noticed when we walked in our cabin was a bandaid, holding up a broken vent on the wall. Nevermind the bugs or the hard water...and BANDAID?! REALLY?!

As far as the service, Oh Boy, the little waitress that served us apparently had emergency text messages throughout our entire meal. We ordered our drinks (alcohol) I ordered a dry martini, ended up getting a vodka with soda in a martini glass with pickle juice....After recieving our meal, which was pretty good, the waitress hid in a corner on her phone until my husband had to get up and ask for the bill. She stepped outside for about 15 minutes, at which point, my husband walked out to get her and found her and the cook smoking. He politely asked her for the bill again, and she replyed that she would be in, in a minute.

Food was good, TERRIBLE service.

10-19/10-20-2012

Room Tip: Find another place to eat, atleast another waitress
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mayer hotels

Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Dave Pizer's Creekside Preserve, in the Arizona High Desert gives a fascinating glimpse of the Old West. You have a choice between a room in the main lodge or a cozy cabin near the nearby Big Bug Creek. (Don't worry about the name, I did not see any big bugs around!) There are great hiking trails, available horseback riding and often an old time prospector can sometimes be seen using his sluice to extract flakes and even nuggets of gold from the creek. There is also a nice restaurant in the lower level of the main lodge. Despite its rustic 19th century appearance from the outside all kinds of modern amenities are available. The Preserve is located on Highway 69 and a 20 to 30 minute drive from historic cowboy town of Prescott. There are fascinating firearms stores in the area. The owner Dave Pizer has lots of histoical information to share with guests.

Room Tip: Cabins at the far end from the lodge are especially secluded
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayer
The Forest Villas Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites & Conference Center Prescott
Grand Highland Hotel
Grand Highland Hotel
#2 of 22 in Prescott

Been to Creekside Preserve Lodge and Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!