All reviews roof terrace bed dorm dario puppy juliette lockers vibes facilities backpackers tours wineries
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Dario and Julieta were fantastic hosts. Easy going, very helpful for recommendations, activities, and in general very nice to chat to. They recommend you do activities on your own to save money and give great advice on how to do it. Hostel is very clean and social without being a party hostel.
They have a very nice terrace, pool, table tennis and videogames. The beds are comfy as well.

We had a fantastic stay and recommend this hostel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I was shouted at, threatened, accused of things we didn't do, and kicked out of this hostel for nothing because the rude, aggressive male was on a power trip and didn't like when a guest questioned him on his rude, aggressive behaviour. These guys don't deserve your money.
I was unfortunate to have a most horrible experience here. I had been sleeping on a top bunk and had been woken up during the night by an intoxicated guest in the room who vomited in the bathroom. I moved to a spare bed that was unoccupied. I was met by the staff member the following morning saying 'where did you sleep last night?'.
I told him where. He then gave out to me. He then said to me 'Was it you or him that got sick in the bathroom?" "I replied shocked, "I wasn't out last night!". He then walked away rudely saying thanks.

Later that day I asked a different staff member to stay on the bottom bunk and he allowed me to. I went out for ice cream to find my stuff thrown off my bed and a couple in my bed. When I asked them what was going on the staff member came in.

He was exceptionally aggressive and rudely denied the conversation at 7am. He started speaking over me, wagging his finger at me, threatening me. When I said "why are you shouting at me?" He threatened "Do you want to see me shouting?".

He continued to aggressively speak over me, not allow me to speak and despite me telling him my version of events at least 11 times he refused to listen and kept saying 'why are you changing your story?' even though I told him I had made a mistake and corrected myself.

He then said
'You've ten minutes to leave' even if though it was after 9pm and we had nowhere to go.

He then became aggressive again and grabbed his colleagues phone and started recording the conversation. His female colleague begged him to stop. He then quizzes me and interviewed me until he had twisted the story the way he wanted it.
He called us rude and irrational even though we had done nothing wrong.
To throw two female guests out at 9am into a city looking for accommodation is inexcusable. These guys do not deserve your money.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Windmill H, Gerente at Windmill Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

First of all, you are lying. Let's be clear from minute 0: YOU WENT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO SOMEONE ELSE BED, IN ANOTHER ROOM, WITHOUT ASKING ANY MEMBER OF THE STAFF. This, here in Argentina, Ireland, China, or wherever you go, is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Of course you changed all the story. THE BED WAS INDEED OCCUPIED, FULL OF STUFF OF ANOTHER GUESTS. From this point, I don't see necessary to keep going as you clearly deserved to be kicked out of the hostel. I just can't imagine you going inside of a room with a flashlight, saying to yourself "Yes, it seems that there's no one here". Even worst, you tried to hide yourself, without giving any explanation, and you couldn't. There's where all of this started.

Second: You were the one threating us with the "bad review in Google and Tripadvisor", and what a surprise, you made it.
You forgot to tell that you took all of your bed sheets to the other room, and asked for a new set of bed sheets to one of the member of the staff, saying that you were going to put it, as you were the one who took out the first set. Of course the new people arrived into your room and you didn't put the new bed sheets, you just took another bed that was clean for them.

As you said, I have the recording of you saying that I asked you in a good way "Do you know who vomited the bathroom?", and you answered back "It must have been the guy, he was really drunk last night", and I said "Thanks". We all agreed in that when I went into your room, even the Brazilian couple heard it. And after 10 minutes you change it all because it wasn't convenient for your victim playing. Even your friend was confused. A mistake is a mistake, but you changed the story 100%.

"To throw two female guests out at 9 pm into a city looking for accommodation is inexcusable."
Funny story about you leaving the hostel at 9:00 pm: You arrived the day before at 8:00 pm. There are taxis that you could pay with the money we gave you back AND YOU DIDN'T DESERVE, as you invade another room, with someone else stuff inside, and without any kind of apologies.

Again, is your word against ours, but in two years since we opened, we have 4.7 in Google; 9.2 in Booking; 9.2 in Hostelworld; 4.5 in TripAdvisor, and we never had such a problem like this. Never had someone lying in the way you are, there was a lot of people hearing every single part of our conversation and none of them considered that any member of the staff was yelling at you.

This hostel is never going to accept such behavior and attitude. I don't know where have you been before, but you can't do whatever you want. There are rules, and when you have told that you where breaking them, you thread us with a bad review, that's not acceptable. Your friend said "Sorry for your behavior" before you left, we are guessing she is very used to it.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

This is a small hostel run by two friendly and helpful people. It's small, everything on one floor plus a terrace upstairs to lounge and chill. Breakfast was usual hostel standard. Kitchen functional. Reasonable wifi signal. Agree with previous review that the kitchen lacked workspaces and another bathroom would be good. The main downpoint for me was the traffic noise. The hostel is located on a very busy intersection and the traffic noise was constant day and night so I didn't sleep well.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I stayed in the great hostel in Mendoza for several days and really enjoyed my time there. The two owners are so lovely and helpful and the hostel is quite small so it's easy to meet people and hang out downstairs on the cool roof terrace. The bathrooms and rooms are good and the breakfast with eggs and bananas as well as the usual things are a nice touch.
A bigger kitchen with more workspaces and another bathroom wouldn't hurt but there isn't any room to expand.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

The staff is very friendly. They speak English and they give you a lot of information. The room I got was big enough but did not have any windows or airconditioning. There are lockers in the room, there is a PlayStation and you can play pool and pingpong. The breakfast is nothing special, not good not bad. The bathrooms are very small but clean.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo