“Casa Lila”
Review of Casa Lila

Casa Lila
Ranked #3 of 93 Mendoza B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2011

For foodies the recommendations from the owners are excellent. The wine tour they organise is intimate and feels like you're in in a quirky film. A great B&B vibe whilst it has the best bits that a boutique hotel offers. Super cool. Congratulations Casa Lila.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Pablo is a great host and really cares that his guests enjot their time in Mendoza. His tips about the best places to go are invaluable and we followed all his advice! The room was large, clean and comfortale and there is a nice communal area for relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Casa Lila is an amazing place that went above and beyond. The hotel is on a side street about 5 minutes from the main road. Pablo and Mariela were very hospitable and gave us information about the sights of Mendoza. The rooms are adorable! The rooms were appropriately heated which was important since we were there during the winter. My fiancee and I were in south America on our pre-honeymoon and Pablo and Mariela gave us a bottle of champagne! The hospitality from Casa Lila is touching and personal. My fiancee and I also needed Pablo's help with a few things when we returned to the USA and without hesitation Pablo was willing to help.

I have travelled all over Europe and Asia and this is easily the best hotel I have every stayed at. I wish every hotel was like Casa Lila!

Room Tip: A great place....great price...and personal experience!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elephant1017
Reviewed 12 August 2011

On arriving at Casa Lila i didn't know what to expect as the address showed an anonymous looking gate that gave nothing away. The gate was opened by Pablo, the owner, who has the biggest smile and heart. There are 4 rooms,clean and decorated nicely with simple furnishings and a good size with constant hot water and a shower/bath, and a heater. Pablo is a local with expert knowledge: he recommended wonderful restaurants and arranged a fantastic full day wine tour for my boyfriend and I that was completely private and which I highly recommend. At Casa Lila you can borrow bicycles and it is well located so that you can easily walk around to the town squares and to very good local restaurant and bars. The owners have a large dog but she never barks and has the sweetest temperment. I highly recommend Casa Lila.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The only sign from the street that Casa Lila was even there was a rope attached to a bell above the iron gates. Once inside, the chalkboard 'Bienvenidos a Casa Lila/Welcome to Casa Lila" gives the first hint of the warm, wonderful world that awaits. The hosts Pablo and Mariela (and their dog Olivia) make you feel as if they've been waiting just for you to arrive. They are so accommodating and welcoming.
The look of Casa Lila is a clean chic that incorporates both old and new. A path of candles guides after-dark arrivals toward the grassy courtyard. Mornings, you can sit in the sun while reading and drinking your coffee after the generous breakfast in the dining room.
Pablo can arrange tours into the Mendoza wine country. He'll also make reservations at fine local restaurants. It is is within walking distance of restaurant and bar areas.
Casa Lila is very possibly the best B&B experience I've ever had, anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I'm sorry, even though I'm Brazilian, I manage to communicate better in English than in Spanish and I'm sorry for that, guys! My girlfriend and I are still at Casa Lila (we'll leave tomorrow, July 23rd) and we cannot find words to describe how amazingly treated we were by Pablo, Mariela, Maria, Olivia and their staff during our stay here. It's a little boutique hotel, the bedroom is cozy, comfortable and spacious, they offer a hot and delicious breakfast (ask Maria for "huevos revueltos" and she is going to tell you "sí, como no?" and will cook awesome scrambled eggs. The hotel offers an hospitality service, ran by Eugenia, who will listen to what you want to do and will offer you something special, such as a fine wine trip or an experience "en los Andes". Well, I know I'm writing too much, but it's because Casa Lila left a very strong impression on us. Thanks Pablo and his staff, for everything! You went out of your way several times to offer us the best and in doing so you raised the bar when it comes to receive well. Love, Andre and Cris. Mendoza, July 22nd.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Eugenia, Pablo, Mariela, Maria, Olivia. They made our trip just amazing. Everything is fantastic.

Mendoza was an amazing good surprise and this was because of them. There is your home away from home!

The room is perfect, clean, beautiful. They manage to make your day the best, always respecting your needs and goals... The suggestions were amazing and we enjoyed all the time

Whenever I go to Mendoza, We`ll stay at Casa Lila and see them.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple