“Outstanding Value and Product”

InterContinental Mendoza
Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Universal City, Texas
“Outstanding Value and Product”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I've been to Mendoza now a number of times and I love this hotel compared to the others in the city for several reasons. First, the hotel. The rooms are the biggest in the city....or at least from what I have seen. Especially the BEAUTIFUL bathrooms. The lobby is always with local art like a gallery. I enjoy seeing the different pieces each time I come. The Food! You must have the empanadas! My Brazilian colleague says they are the best she has ever had! I rate them up there pretty high too! And then of course location. You can read other reviews that gripe about the location but here's my opinion; When I come to Mendoza I come for the wine and the surroundings. The downtown area is small and doesn't have the architectural elegance as say Buenos Aires or even Rosario. The hotel is literally minutes from the downtown. Taxis are cheap in my opinion so worth it to stay in the youngest, most modern hotel in the city with the largest rooms. Size matters! lol Finally, if you're coming for the wine...which you know you are....this hotel is conveniently located near all of the main roads leading to the wineries. It also has a nice shopping center next door if you need something you forgot or just want to do a little shopping and a very busy casino if you like that sort of thing. It also has a nice spa and one of the largest pools in the city. I have never had an issue with service but I speak Spanish so perhaps those who don't feel it is a disadvantage. On the other hand, the Argentinian people have a way of speaking which some might confuse with rudeness or disrespect. Get to know them and you will love them and perhaps want to stay. Or at least return....I know I will.

Thanks for reading my review.

Room Tip: Make sure and join IHG Rewards Club or the Ambassador Program to get the extra perks and service you...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank trvladdict8171
Pablo C, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Mendoza, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Mr, Greetings from InterContinental Mendoza!

I greatly appreciate the time you took to leave recorded comments through Trip Advisor. We are pleased to know you had an excellent stay, and enjoy all the facilities and services offered by the hotel.

Your comments help us to understand the way we should take in order to warrantee the total satisfaction of our guests.

Again thank you for your wonderful comment and invite to repeat the InterContinental Mendoza experience your next vacation

Greetings from the Land of Sun and Good Wine!

Kind regards, Pablo Casetti Fronk Desk and Reservations Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saint Paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

fantastic service!

room with a view? no problem!
check out a wee bit late? sure!
more towels for the suana/pool? right away!

excellent dining, happy hour spot on, first rate service, taxi ready and waiting before I needed it and exactly the price we agreed on. I was on my way home and had run completely out of money...sorry, guys! But I was still helped with my bags and greeted with a smile. IC Mendoza was just right for my needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view. You are not in town, but there is a well used walking/runnning path right i...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank alisonyoung
Pablo C, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Mendoza, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Alisonyoung,

Greetings from InterContinental Mendoza!

We are pleased to received your kind words about your stay at our hotel.
We really appreciate your positive comments regarding our rooms, our service, our staff and the restaurant! Let me tell you that OLivas won the award "Gourmet Experience Of Distinction" (Silver Medal) Awarded by: Great Wine Capital and the National Ministery of Tourism and Goverment of Mendoza. We feel very proud of this recognition!

We are also very proud to know that you had a real InterContinental experience.

Hope to see you back in your next visit to Mendoza.

Kind regards,

Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Although the hotel is fairly new, the service is pretty awful - at least if you do not speak Spanish. Arriving at the hotel I first encountered a very unfriendly Front Desk agent (Facundo Sora), which was followed by poor food and service at their restaurant (which also serves as the main restaurant for the adjacent casino). The lobby and hallways do not appear to be air-conditioned and were very warm. The hotel is very inconveniently located if you do not have a car - it is far away from the city centre and you always need a taxi to get anywhere - unlike the centrally located Sheraton & Hyatt Hotels. In spite of its poor location, the hotel does not bother providing a shuttle service for its guests, which goes to show how much they care about its guests.

There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room and the desk lighting is very bad - it is IMPOSSIBLE to work on the desk at night, if that involves any reading or writing, When I asked for a better lamp for the desk, I was told that nothing better was available - with a great deal of disdain.

Overall, I think you can find far better value for money by staying elsewhere.

Yet, reading TripAdvisor I find several glowing reports which JUST CANNOT BE TRUE going by my own experience and I find a Manager who always responds with one excuse or another, even for issues that are really indefensible.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Paryatan
Dear Mr. Paryatan,

Greetings from InterContinental Mendoza!

We are pleased to received yours comments about your stay at our hotel, which helps us to improve our service every day.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you have during your stay in our hotel.

In connection with the front desk service we regret that you could not felt at ease, your comment was redirected to the Human Resources Manager and Front Desk to analyze the fulfillment with procedures and standards.

In relation with the service at our Olivas Restaurant note that we have recently changed our menu . It has different options like pasta , red meats, seafood, our main attraction being the Malargüe Goat of two cooking times.

Mendoza City is just 5 minutes drive from the Hotel. We are located next to Route 7 having quick access to different tourist attractions such as Wineries , High Mountain and other excursions.

The hotel has its own 24 hours shuttle service , to suit all our guests . You can choose for the luxury service with high-end cars , this includes amenities like newspapers, water service, wipes , etc. . You can also opt for the shuttle remis . Both options are subject to charges.

The desk lamps that we incorporated in the rooms are LED light. The hotel performs the environment friendly practices and has a highly committed with the community.

We deeply regret that the comments from our guests on Trip Advisor about InterContinental Mendoza, are not true for you. We are constantly working to meet the needs of our guests.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We arrived early to a near empty hotel. After taking all of our information (including the gold status reward card bc one of us stays with the hotel chain frequently) we were told that "there are enough rooms for you to check in and they are ready, but you have to pay a fee because you're early." What kind of customer service is that? Yes, we are early, but it's absolutely no extra hassle to let us lay our heads after not sleeping from a full night of traveling. On top of that, the breakfast "buffet" if you can call it that, was lacking.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lewbrown1
Pablo C, Manager at InterContinental Mendoza, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear LKL-DC;

It is a pleasure to contact you today to thank your comments and suggestions via trip advisor. Let me assured that we take all comments and suggestions so we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you had in your arrival to the hotel, it is my duty to inform you that our policy to check IN is at 15:00. As also in you booking confirmation where specifically clarified. That is why we offer you the option of getting the early check in.

Unfortunately the IHG membership does not include either an early check in. What your membership GOLD includes is: Priority Check In, Extended check out until 2:00 pm, complementary weekday newspaper in the outlets, free internet and 10% bonus earnings on top of base points.

We hope that next time you visit Argentina you choose us again and give us another try.

West Chester, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel was very upscale as you would expect from the Intercontinental brand. The staff was attentive and the hotel seemed to have most everything the traveler would want. The breakfast in the restaurant was just average - they had an area for an omelette chef but nobody was working the counter so we were left with the standard South American breakfast fare (deli meats, choice of several cereals, fruits and rolls) with scrambled eggs. Everything here in the restaurant was self service.

Their was occasionally a concierge on site but be prepared to wait for other clients lengthy discussions about the pros and cons of various wine tours or other day trips.

The location of the hotel might not be the best. It was about a 10 minute taxi ride to downtown Mendoza but located near a major highway so you could quickly access highways if going to some of the various wineries in the region. Most of the sight seeing is in downtown Mendoza and the wineries are spread throughout the region.

Their was a shopping center and casino adjacent to the hotel. The shopping center was convenient to grab a fast food meal or to do some basic shopping (not upscale).

Next trip I would opt for a hotel closer to downtown simply because this is closer to everything we like to do but I still like this hotel for business travel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Djt90b;

Greetings from InterContinental Mendoza!

It is a pleasure to contact you today to thank your comments and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback regards your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us.

Regards to the location Our hotel is settle no more than 8 minutes by cab, only 3.5 kilometers (2.17 miles) from down town. Also we are nearest located than any of other 5 stars hotel from the wine regions of Maipu and Lujan de Cuyo.This is a mayor advantage because we are close to the freeway which leads you to the main wineries in the province with in a few minutes.

We would like to thank your comments about our breakfast buffet and I would like to explain that those issues fits the requirements for IHG InterContinetal

Once again, thank you for sharing your review with us, they really mean a lot to us.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed with my girlfriend four days during summer and it was a really amazing experience. The staff take care of you every time and the food was incredible, please do not miss a dinner at Olivas restaurant!

• Stayed January 2014
Greetings from InterContinental Mendoza!

We are pleased to received your kind words about your stay at our hotel.
We really appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff and the restaurant! Let me tell you that OLivas won the award "Gourmet Experience Of Distinction" (Silver Medal) Awarded by: Great Wine Capital and the National Ministery of Tourism and Goverment of Mendoza. We feel very proud of this recognition!

We are also very proud to know that you had a real InterContinental experience.

Hope to see you back in your next visit to Mendoza.

Kind regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

They came in my mom's room while we were having breakfast, and opened all the drawers. They didnt even bother to close them again. Imagine how my mother felt when she came in. Luckily she didnt have anything in the drawers since we were staying for 1 night.
People in reception tried to cover the situation without taking responsibility of what happened.
We have read several reviews of people who were robbed at intercontinental hotel in Mendoza, but didnt take them seriously. We regret not having done so.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Carolina L
Pablo C, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Mendoza, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Mrs. Carolina L:

Greetings from Mendoza !
It´s a pleasure to contact you to thank your comments on Trip Advisor your way through InterContinental Mendoza. We regret that your stay has been overshadowed by this incident the day of your departure.
My intention is to clarify our procedures such as when a housekeeper does check out . The maid should check the room if some forgotten object that many times we return to the guests before their check out. Also in this check, we always control your minibar. Our Lost & Found procedures are extremely effective because we contact the guest as soon as posible, Given that the main objective is always get the belongings back in the hands of their owners, in case if we could not contact the guests for any reason, we keep the items for 3 months with surveillance cameras waiting for the guest to communicate with us. After the 3 months if nobody contacts us, we give the lost and found to charity. If the object is an electronic device or money, we keep it for 6 months.

Although we take responsibility that the room was not checked out in our system when the maid enters the room, but the room was empty , with no luggage and your mother was coming down to Front Desk to do the check out . It is very important to mention that there was no items lost by you or your mother, nothing was taken from the room. You have to be sure before accusing someone of robbery if you are not completely sure of this fact, because an employee could be lossing his job.

It is essential to inform you that we have a security system with highly qualified professionals for the safety of our guests, including camera surveillance system 24 hours a day. For InterContinental Mendoza and IHG our main objective is to deliver the best service and security to our guest.

Kind Regards