“Average”

Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed in a triple room in this hotel for 4 nights. We'd stayed in hostels before this, so noticed it was much less sociable, but had a pool which was great. Breakfast was very average, coffee was awful and if you don't speak Spanish you'll struggle here as the staff don't speak English.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The room was spacious, the breakfast was continental and good, the staff was very helpful and the building was very nicely decorated and welcoming.
It does have parking. It is not very easy to get around it, and once we were the last ones to find space. I am not sure how often that happens but we went in January peak holiday season.
All looks very inviting, and the location is perfect to enjoy the city. There are many restaurants around, plus the nice square 200 meters away.
I was pleasantly surprised to find the price was very convenient.
*It does not have a restaurant, but I can't delete the rating!

Room Tip: Children tend to stay playing late at the pool. While the view is nice, you may want to ask for a ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
texas
Reviewed 19 March 2010

The beds and pillows were horrible (cheap and hard.) The traffic and poolside noise made it impossible to sleep. The air conditioner is controlled by the front desk. The bathroom toilet leaked, the bathroom tissue may as well have been tree leaves, there's not facial tissues in the room and the hair dryer was as cheap as they come. The breakfast was cheap and the coffee was the worst.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Mendoza hotels

Los Andes, Chile
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I make a reservation for an apartment for 4 persons, so I expect suitable 2 ambients room for me, my wife, my 2 boys (9 and 11) and my little girl. However we get a single and not too big room, with a little marriage bed (not king or queen) and a bed with a sliding one for the kids...That was not what we expect and that we pay

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Michigan
Reviewed 1 November 2007

I stayed at the Hotel Princess for one night during my recent stay in Mendoza. I was attracted to the hotel from the street because the lobby looks quite spanky with all the bling and shiny surfaces. The price was definitely budget, US$53 (included a breakfast of media lunas, pastries, toast, yogurt, cereal, cold scrambled eggs, juice-like drink, and coffee). Price also includes the use of a computer for internet in the lobby, a hairdryer in the bathroom, and free parking off the street. The towels in the bathroom were clean but dinghy white, the sheets were clean, but the bedspread was dirty and when I pulled it off the bed, I could see a lot of small, curly hairs attached to it. (I usually travel with a sheet of my own that I can cover the bed with, so ultimately, I was comfortable). The carpet in the hallways is in dire need of a cleaning as well. The staff was friendly enough, and honest, in spite of my elementary Spanish, and their Spanish-only abilities. After having paid for my room, and then returning to the front desk for some ice (btw, was provided with 4 cubes), the attendant informed me that he overcharged me, and reimbursed me $40 pesos. There was not a remote for the t.v. in my room, and when I went to ask for one at the front desk, they informed me they didn't have one for that t.v., and they would not transfer me to another room with a remote because they were completely full (hmmmm?). I had a room on the side of the street, and the traffic noise is quite loud. I would recommend asking for a room on the courtyard side for that reason. There was a pool in the courtyard, it was small, and there was a lot of 'stuff' floating - but this may just be because there was so much pollen blowing at the time I was there (Spring). Over the years, I've been to 5 different budget hotels in Mendoza and as budget hotels go, I would say it was an okay place to stay for the price.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The dirty bedspread
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 January 2006

This was a nice hotel in Mendoza if your on a budget. Rooms were air conditioned, clean and comfortable, staff were friendly. Try and get a room that faces out on to the little terrace at the back though(front facing rooms are on to a main street). The little pool and terrace at the back of the hotel made it perfect. Breakfasts were fairly average, and free internet access. This hotel is linked through the lounge area with the hotel next door - Hotel Carollo.

• Stayed December 2005