“Good location!”

Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Campinas
“Good location!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

It is in a good location, easy access to all Mendoza sightseeing places. They have gluten-free breakfast, which may help those who are allergic to gluten. In case you have a car, they charge you in 60 ARS a day for leaving the car inside their parking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three nights with my twenty three year old daughter while we toured the wineries of Mendoza. It was very clean and comfortable and I found the staff to be extremely helpful. Breakfast was included which consisted of the typical medialunas, but also different types of breads, a toaster, fresh fruit and yogurt. There was also juice, coffee and tea. It was plenty to start the day.
The hotel is in a good area to walk to most of the parks in the city with good restaurants nearby.
The pool looked beautiful, but it was closed for the season when we arrived.
I would recommend this hotel for families or couples or to a solo traveler.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Dirty and smelly...
Bathroom was disgusting Overpriced and really poooooor breakfast.
Small rooms and even smaller parking spots!
Awful service!
They offer restaurants that are horrible just because they get a percentage out of it.
It's not worth it and it doesn't look like a 4 star hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank travel4busines

Travellers are raving about these Mendoza hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The room was clean and looked like the pictures, however I passed many rooms while being cleaned that had not yet been updated. Additionally, there were many rattlesnakes that were missing for me. There was no trash can in the room only a tiny on in the bathroom. Where do I put my old papers, banana peels etc? Also there were only two outlets accessible and both were in the bathroom, one in the middle of the wall near nothing. Where do I set my device that is plugged in? Most bothersome was that the room had a strange sulfur/natural gas smell that would wafer in the room via vents - as well other parts of the hotel.

The staff spoke fantastic English and were super nice and helpful, hence the 3 stars.

The breakfast was pretty average to terrible in my opinion. All bread essentially, sliced, croissants, cakes- there was horribly sour fruit and a plate of processed meats and cheeses, that was very mediocre. I asked if there was something else, and nada, but then I saw others eating wet runny scrambled eggs that I could have ordered apparently.

The gym was also very disappointing. I am 30 and these machines were older than me. No place for water or music, no settings for time, distance, intensity etc. No yoga mats or free weights. The room must not have been sealed because cigarette smoke would leak in from those outside. Last and most importantly - no water or towels in a gym?!?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Nicole O
Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Nice hotel with good city location. Rooms are nice in good condition and clean. Room WiFi connection is pretty slow and it is better to use business center on second floor. Breakfast was quite simple (mostly croisants and some sweets) but okay to start the day. Swimming pool was good for the refreshment after long walking every day.
I really appreciate job of bellboy Miguel who helped us organize nice winery tour in nearby Bodegas. Miguel, thank you for all your help during our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Having spent four nights in a fantastic place, we decided to book somewhere fairly smart before getting on a plane back to Buenos Aires and then home, so chose this hotel, as it had four stars and looked smart from the outside. Bad decision.
The contrast between the friendly people at our previous place and here was immediate and striking - an unsmiling receptionist checked us in, and demanded a credit card to swipe, in case we used the mini-bar, which just made us feel untrusted from the off. She and her colleagues then watched as we carried our cases across the lobby, without anyone trying to help.
We had a room on the seventh floor, with a view onto a rundown block of flats and a wasteland, but we were more concerned with the strong smell of sewage.
After trying to ignore it, I went back to the reception and told them - they told me to go back to the room and wait. We waited for twenty minutes, before I rang reception and told them I was unhappy just sitting there.
About ten minutes later I rang again and they said someone was coming. Finally there was a knock on the door and it was a smiling elderly janitor carrying a large bottle of detergent. I then rang reception and complained, telling them it wasn't a problem with the toilet. The janitor was pointing at the air conditioning unit in agreement.
At this point a young member of staff came up, moved us to a room that didn't smell and was much nicer - and he was really helpful.
Unfortunately the air conditioning was stuck on one temperature all night, and in the morning we endured breakfast over loud, piped dance music. When we checked out, no one even said good morning, but immediately started ringing room service to get them to check if we'd had something from our mini-bar. The first thing they said to me was how much I owed them for two bottles of water. I can only assume they have a lot of problems with thefts in that place!
I've no idea how this place has four stars - corporate, ugly and unfriendly. Give it a miss!

Room Tip: Choose one without Eau de Sewage
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris M
Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I spent 11 nights at this conveniently located hotel and found the room rate quite reasonable at an average of around $85 per night, I had booked it through hotels.com and prepaid it in dollars. The room was a bit on the small size and with not much of a storage space, but the bed was big and comfortable, the bathroom adequate, and the view of the mountains appealing. It has air conditioning and the windows do open easily in case you want fresh air. It is rather noisy, specially on a weekend night and the walls seem to be rather thin but eventually I got used to it and slept.
The staff kept it very clean and the front desk personnel were friendly.
The nicest feature of this hotel is the downstairs breakfast room with and adjacent patio. The buffet breakfast , served until 10 AM every morning is good, with an assortment of fruits and argentinian pastries. Not spectacular but certainly OK. The continental breakfast is rather meager, the coffee was cold, try to wake up before 10AM, because at exactly that time the buffet closes.
I would not recommend having lunch or dinner at their restaurant, the service was slow and the choices limited. Pretty Plaza Italia is half a block from the hotel, and el centro or downtown, at walking distance. The area is safe.

Room Tip: Choose a room at an upper floor with a mountain view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo