“Great location, okay rooms, good value”
Review of Argentino Hotel

Argentino Hotel
Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Mendoza
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is located in a very good location, so if you're only staying in Mendoza for a couple days as I was, I'd highly recommend positioning location above most other things.

The room itself was very average. Nothing to complain about, but nothing great either.

The breakfast was very nice with fresh food and good coffee.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Argentino Hotel

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My partner in crime and I had been to Mendoza once before. Typically we stay in clean hostels but with the wonderful informal exchange rate, we thought we would treat ourselves to an actual hotel for a change. The hotel was clean and had friendly staff, though in my opinion over priced if it weren't for the informal exchange rate. We've traveled throughout Latin America and we're familiar with some of the risks involved- however, we didn't see it coming when my fiancé's wallet was stolen from our room. He had left for about 15 minutes to come help me with a computer question in the lobby of the hotel and the maids hadn't entered our room for cleaning. Yet his wallet was gone. There are safes in the room- which I recommend any guests use- even if its for the smallest period of time. Its really a shame, because unfortunately this experience could have happened anywhere, but put a small damper on our experience with this hotel.

Mi novio y yo habíamos viajado a Mendoza una vez antes. Típicamente nosotros quedamos en hostales, pero con la tasa de cambio informal decidimos ir a hotel. la habitación era limpio y los empleos del hotel amables. Hemos viajado much en paises hispanohablantes y entendemos los riesgos y situaciones politicos de los paises en que viajamos. Sin embargo, mi novio salió de la habitación para ayudarme con algo en la computadora para 20 minutos y no usó la guarderia en la habitación- pensado que solo estar afuera de la habitación por unos minutos. En estos minutos algún empleo robó su billetera de la habitación. Mientras todo del hotel era limpio, esta experiencia me quedo con un sentimiento menos alegre que querría.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
cposca, Gerente at Argentino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time of giving your opinion about the Argentino Hotel.

To be honest with you, I´m really confused about the comments on your stay. Not only I haven´t found any registration of your stay, but also there is no incidents like yours reported at the front desk.

It is very odd you and your girlfriend did not ever mention about something you think have missed at the hotel, every time you presume it really happened here.

I´ve managed Argentino Hotel for 10 years now and never had an episode like this before and in any case I´m always here to care about all guest inconveniences. Therefore, I do not have any other choice to think there is a misunderstood with this issue.

Best regards,

Carina Posca

Reviewed 4 December 2013

During our short trip we stayed in 2 three star hotels and Argentino was by far the better option. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly and accomodating. The location is very convenient. We were able to do an early check in and leave our bags with the front desk clerk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We turned up at this hotel without a reservation and were very pleased they had a room for us. We would have preferred a larger one, but no choice ! The staff were very pleasant and friendly and all the public areas were smartly maintained. I would certainly return as its in such a central location, perfect for wandering round Mendoza in the evening after a heavy day's wine tasting !

Room Tip: Ours looked into the central courtyard, which wasn't ideal, particularly as other guests smoked...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hotel is amazing. Great location, great and cheap restaurant, and a very helpful staff. The first room I got was small and had a bad WiFi connection, and they immediately moved me to a much bigger room with great service. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I recommend it to anyone staying in Mendoza.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

First view of the hotel gives you comfort you have come to the right place prime spot on the main sq lovely clean decor and friendly helpful staff
Nice outdoor courtyard to chill out with an inviting
After 24 hotels in South America the best so far

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 29 October 2013

my second stay in a year at hotel argentino reinforces my first review....and it seems more of the staff speak english. our room this time overlooks the pool and is nice, and quiet....and it's still in the heart of town!

Room Tip: we've stayed in the front facing the plaza, and we've stayed in the back overlooking the poo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends