B & B Plaza Italia is a home from home. Mercedes and Tito, the owners, live on site and are exceedingly helpful with recommendations for restaurants, shopping, etc. Guests are treated like extended family. One night we wanted to drink the wine we had and it was no trouble to get a bottle opener and glasses. We invited Mercedes to join us and sat chatting in the comfortbale living room until almost 1.00 a.m., joined by a couple of other guests when they came in from dinner. Breakfast is a spread of ham, cheese, jams, croissants, yoghurt, cereals, tea, coffee and orange juice. Our room was very comfortable and had air-conditioning, although we did not need it. There is also a computer that guests can use if you are not traveling with your own Internet device. The location is ideal to explore the town - a short stroll to the main square and within easy walking distance of many restaurants and bars.
In addition, you can book a wine tour with Javier. This is a wonderful day out, visting 4 wineries in the Maipu region. You get to see different business models of how wine is produced - from a small family business producing 35,000 bottles a year to a larger company, producing 2.5 million bottles. Lunch is a 5 course feast - each course is beautifully presented and paired with a matching wine such that food and drink complement each other perfectly.
Truly a place to savor. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is a high-quality two-story house with spacious rooms. Elegantly decorated with nice classic furniture which makes it a comfortable and enjoyable place. Located within the most privileged part of Mendoza, a place of fancy residences opposite Italia Square and a one minute walk from Independencia Square. Nearby, there are important hotels, a casino (located inside Park Hyatt Hotel), convention center, pedestrian area, famous Aristides Villanueva Ave. with its clubs and pubs. Fancy ice-cream parlors, exclusive bars, restaurants, grill rooms with the best Argentine Beef and the latest "Wine Bars." Tour and Excursion agencies, cash machines, money exchange agencies, Laundry, Supermarkets and many other services that you may need as a visitor are at easy walking distance.B&B Plaza Italia also organizes personalized Wine Tours to the best wine areas of Mendoza, heart of Argentina's Wine Country. Free and unlimited internet wireless connection available in all the house. English spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your B&B Plaza Italia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Plaza Italia Hotel Mendoza
- Bed And Breakfast Plaza Italia