My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights.
We're staying in a mix of hostels and B&Bs in South America, in this price range (just to give you an idea of our expectations- we're not super skint back packers but not extravagant either, just something in between),
- good location near town, about 20 min walk
- Anna on reception was really helpful - we know virtually no Spanish!
- free wine 7-8pm every day. Yes really.
- good kitchen facilities - with utensils to cook, gas cookers, microwaves, shared fridge freezer
- we had a private ensuite and the shower was the best we've had in Brazil and Argentina including Buenos Aires. Scalding hot water. But we heard complaints from other travellers there that the shared shower was poor.
- pretty good breakfast - coffee, bread, sweet croissant, freshly made crepes, boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, juice
- nice and social but not a party hostel
- free washing machine to use
- quite cheap, we paid £15 per night for a double en suite
- let us stay in the lounge on the day of check out it wait for our evening bus with free locker use including lock
- offered daily activities for various prices including all you can eat bbq for 90 pesos, trek half day with good views for 220 pesos, horse riding for over 400 pesos (we only did the trek which was a bit overpriced but not a bad way to spend a morning) .
- good wifi connectivity and strength with two free computer terminals to use
- ten to fifteen minute walk from supermarket
- has a lounge with TV
- can pay deposits for a bus card 20 pesos, and towels 30 pesos additional.
- really uncomfortable bedding and terrible sheets (itchy).
- pretty old and basic room but for the price it was fine
- got a bit noisy at night on a few occasions but this was just some inconsiderate people talking outside our room
Overall we really enjoyed it here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good option to lodge in Mendoza. Clean, sure, and nice Hostel located to 4 stables of the principal avenue in a cobblestone street. It has free swimming pool in a camping 6 km from the hostel. The tariff includes breakfast, Internet, swimming pool and use of the kitchen. The best wines of the world, the Aconcagua Mountain (6959 mt.) and a sunny climate wait for you in Mendoza. ... more less