Andes Lands
US$346
US$107
US$96
HotelsClick
Hotel San Rafael(San Rafael)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Nuevo Mundo(San Rafael)
TripAdvisor
Suter Petit Hotel(San Rafael)
TripAdvisor
Cabanas del Sol(San Rafael)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshigh ceilingsasadomikepeacehousegardenargentinahost
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Having stayed at boutique hotels through the early part of our 2 week trip we decided to opt for Andes Land in the hope of finding something a little more personal. Set in beautiful surroundings, this Argentinian mansion delivered everything we were hoping and more. Extensive rustic accommodation, with superb pool and BBQ area, the gardens are large enough to peacefully immerse yourself in a great book by the pond or join in on a friendly game of badminton or table sports.

The owners, Mike and Vicki, were outstanding. We were made to feel like family from the moment we arrived. Chef Mike's sublime Parrilla must be mentioned as a particular highlight. Exquisite range of meats, eaten under proper instruction, no steak will ever taste as good! Our hosts also partnered up as tour guides, showing us the wineries, Great Lakes and many sporting activities on offer locally. A great thanks to Mike and Vicki who helped make the trip that little bit special.

If you are looking for plenty of day time activities or simply peace and quiet by the poolside, Andes land offers it all. We highly recommend a stay and will definitely be returning to relive the memories.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Having broken down on route to San Rafael and been stranded road side for a few hours I wasn't feeling too positive approaching Andes Land. However, the welcome I received was tremendous and the farm house and grounds were so enchanting that I soon forgot my frustrations. Days followed with mucho Asada and Malbec, if this wasn't enough Mike and Vicky as hosts were wonderful. There house is full of history and each room has it's own charms and beauty. I relaxed poolside and enjoyed walks around the gardens and the farm plus the occasional badminton or ping pong matches. After a week there I felt incredibly well rested and de-stressed, I would have loved to stay longer. I look forward to my return next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Razza03
Reviewed 11 March 2014

After my long flight, followed by a nice but long bus trip, I finally arrived in what I can only describe as wonderful hidden oasis in the hart of Mendoza province. It was an ideal place to relax by the pool, with a steady flow of wine,G&T's and meat.
The hosts never failed in making me feel at home, and where always at hand to point me in the right direction if I ever felt like doing something a bit more adventurous (visiting the many lakes, wineries and heading into San Rafael).
Even though I did get some bad weather, it only made the place feel more relaxing, with many a sofas around the old farm house for one to pop up his feet for a 5min siesta or read my book

I hope to be returning sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank TAS1986
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Be it sipping G&T or Malbec by the pool, challenging friends & family to a game of table tennis or badminton, or simply enjoying the sounds of the birds tweeting or having the friendly labradors accompany you on a saunter around the farm & nearby vines, Andes Lands is a very special place to relax & enjoy Vicky & Mike's wonderful hospitality!! Everyone is made to feel most welcome here & invited to feel part of an extended family. The slow pace of life will soon have you feeling chilled & refreshed in equal measures, with plenty of mountains, lakes, vineyards, restaurants, etc to visit as & when you feel like it. Highly recommended :-)

Room Tip: Each room is full of its own unique character.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My friend and I spent 3 weeks at Los Andes during January 2014. We stayed at Andes Lands as part of a voluntary work program and from the moment we arrived, we felt at home. The hosts, Mike and Vicky, are warm and generous and always went out of their way to ensure everyone's comfort. The place is an old homestead with beautiful and tranquil outside spaces, a great place to relax and enjoy the surrounding countryside. If you're lucky, you may also get to enjoy one of Mike's excellent G&T's or asados...muy muy rico!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends