See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed at this so called hotel for one night . That was far too long . I had read the reviews which were not good but my Argentinian friend had booked it for me and so I thought it can't be that be bad !
How wrong I was ! I really don't know where to start . Maybe calling this a hotel would be a good place . The room as I entered looked old , tired and had the smell of a wet dog ! There was a hole in the wall with wires hanging out . The carpet was so filthy you seriously would keep your shoes on for the sake of your socks . It was black and threadbare just like most of the hotel . I used the toilet but it would not flush . Went and told the man on duty who informed me this would be sorted .
I decided to keep quiet for the sake of my argentine friend and we went off to the gym for a workout .
On my return I found the toilet had not been fixed and was in dire need of a shower as the gym was only one block away .

A young and inexperienced man came and looked at me with incredulity as he informed me was broken ! By the time he came I had also found that the shower was cold with hairs all in the bath .

Not finished yet . Now I was getting angry . I really needed a shower and was late to meet friends for supper . The lad who once again as his hand felt the water looked at me with a vague stare . The toilet was so bad and had excreta all inside and on the cistern !
Now thoroughly pissed off I went and demanded another room.
Not much better but ended up washing with cold water . My friend who was by now knocking on my door also had a cold shower !
I informed them that I could not stay in this flea pit and had it not been so late and meeting friends I would have left there and then .
There was a very noisy air conditioning unit . There was a hole in the wall with wires hanging out . The room , decor was so tired and just like the complete hotel . Needs knocking down and rebuilding or complete refurbishment .
They told me at the desk that the owner would be there in the morning .
Opposite is the hotel St . Luis and I took a look at there rooms as I explained why and they showed me and by now my embarrassed argentine friend . It was clean but nothing special but had a hot shower and comfortable bed plus was cheaper !
I met with the owner in the morning after a very poor breakfast who unfortunately did not speak much English . My friend went through everything and we wrote in the official book all that I am telling you . They have this for tourists also in Spain and it gets checked once a month I am informed . It was pretty full and cockroaches plus plenty of other complaints .

Forgive me for going on but I travel all over the world and this has to be one of the very worst hotels I have has the misfortune of entering .

The manager listened as my friend explained everything in detail . He charged us for one night only ( how kind was he ) about 400 pesos and I kept quiet for my friend who by now could see how disappointed I was and how much I wanted to get out of there .

Do yourself a favour and DO NOT stay here . In a word it's vile !

Date of stay: February 2014
1  Thank stuart g
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Yes, the hotel needs updating. But aside from the dated decor, this is an excellent value for the money. Good location, friendly and helpful staff. Pool area is clean and very relaxing. Location is easy walk to main plaza. Great place to unwind and get acclimated to the very slowed down pace of San Luis. Staff directed us to a local parrilla named El Cruce. Best asado in town and the kind of place you will not find in a guidebook.

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Contrary to some of the other reviews, my experience was OK, possibly helped by the fact that I was there at a weekend when business people, who apparently are the main customers, are absent. The accommodation was a bit dated but clean enough. There was indeed a plague of grasshoppers while I was there, but they seem to have invaded the whole city and I don't think the Aiello can do anything about it apart from sweep up the carcasses which is what they did. The staff were pleasant and helpful and since most guests evidently use their own laptops, it was an advantage to have extended use of the hotel computer. Good breakfast as well.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 16jamesdoc
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We stayed one night in this hotel in San Luis passing through to Mendoza. Unfortunately we did not have a lot of time to look for a nice place to stay and we ended up here. We were already annoyed when we entered our room. When we asked for a room the English speaking receptionist said that they had just one left, and we got to see a nice, clean and non-smoking room. When we parked our car and packed our luggage, it turned out that the first room apparently was for display purposes only, because we received a far less comfy smoking room with a noisy airco that could not be switched off. Unfortunately the English speaking receptionist had been replaced with a non-English speaking guy. We are aware of the fact that we should not expect the whole world to speak English, but if you are in the hotel business it would be good if your staff understands ´breakfast´. Not at this hotel though. The worst aspect of this hotel showed its ugly head - or rather heads – a bit later, when we noticed some grasshoppers in the lobby. It turned out that the place was infested with these small creatures, in all the hallways, common rooms and in the curtains as well. Not a very hygienic sight. In comparison to what we paid for good hotels in Mendoza and San Antonio, this also turned out to be the most expensive. If you’re in the area, we recommend that you either choose another hotel or drive on to the next town.

Maribelle and Otto

Date of stay: February 2010
2  Thank Maribelle_and_Otto
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I have to mention that we used this hotel only for sleeping in one night. We arrived Aiello late at night and left early next morning. And for that purpose the hotel was just fine.
Yes, it's a bit worn down but everything was relatively clean. Upside for us was the fact that we could park our car on the hotel underground parking lot. And they served a pretty good breakfast.
Downsides? Well the staff was a bit indifferent and the rooms could use a bit renovation but nothing serious.
So it was quiet and the beds were comfy. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2008