The Sheraton at Iguazu Falls is not as elegant as a five-star big city hotel, but it doesn't have to be. It's perched at the edge of a breathtaking path that leads past one magnificent view after another. The falls themselves are spell-binding, but keep your eyes open for the colorful birds and butterflies around you. Don't miss a walk to the Devil's Throat. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime things to do. If you like boating, sign up for some of the excursions. They're fun and not too expensive. But back to the hotel. When we were there the pool was under construction, and the climate is tropical, so you may be in the mood to swim. If the pool is still off-limits, talk to the front desk or the manager. They'll arrange a car to take you to the Cataratas Hotel where you can take a dip and enjoy a meal poolside. It, too, was a very nice place -- but about 20 minutes from the falls. Do make the trip over to Brazil if you've got lots of time. You'll get a different perspective, but the place is more crowded and more developed, making Argentina a far better place to experience the falls. We flew in from Buenos Aires and stayed two nights. Our travel agent had warned there was nothing to do once we'd seen the falls, but frankly we could have stayed longer. The food was fine. The hotel was comfortable, and you can't help but love the surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a natural sanctuary in the heart of the jungle, where the magnificent Iguazu Falls cascade in front of the Meliá Iguazu Resort & Spa. . Rest in a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, immersed in the mystical energy of the Paranaense jungle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Iguazu Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Iguazu Hotel Iguazu National Park
- Sheraton Iguazu Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Iguazu National Park
- Iguazu National Park Sheraton