The only thing that was positive about this hostel is the price (200 pesos for a double room).
Now the bad things:
- the staff could not smile, was not willing to give advise, they could not speak a single word english. Without spanish you are basically screwed.
- the bed smells like fungus and other stuff you don't want to smell when you are trying to sleep
- the promised "great breakfast" is basically cold white rice, egg and sausage, which your dog wouldn't even eat. Also, the breakfast until 9 o'clock could also be until 8, depending on others.
- the pool is possibly more pee than water.
- the girl behind the desk looks suicidal and would not speak with you.
- there is not a place where you can store your backpack if you have checked out.
- the wifi is crappy
- the shower was not working properly, sometimes almost boiling water out of nowhere
Conclusion: low price, no quality
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a beautiful brick road (no car sounds) only a block and a half away from the bus station it is set in a tranquil setting surrounded by trees and native plants only two blocks from downtown.The brand new private rooms and dormitories are richly decorated with local artisan crafts. Most of them include air conditioning, en suite bathroom and comfortable new mattresses.Private rooms are furnished with plush mattresses, box springs, and some of them has cable TV, and the most importante thing, you'll be able to sleep without noises.Each day begins with a complinetary hearty breakfast (Ham, Eggs, Corn Flakes, Milk, Bread, Butter, Jam, Fruit, Coffee, Tea, and Juice) by the swimming pool. Later enjoy reading, relaxing or drinking a refreshing cocktail in a hammock.A fully equipped kitchen allows guests to prepare their own meals throughout the day. Travel agency, & free wifi even in some of the rooms are available as well.Our Staff, included me, the owner, provides the most ideal place to chill out and enjoy your stay. We are pleased in giving you advice of what to do . Almost every night we prepare a big barbecue for having a good time and for you to enjoy your stay at the waterfalls lands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your Hostel Sweet Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.