“We wished we had stayed longer than 1 night.”

Boutique Hotel de la Fonte
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“We wished we had stayed longer than 1 night.”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We would srongly recommend this beautiful boutique hotel for your stay in Iguazu. This is a family run business and we were made very welcomed. The owners and staff at the hotel were very helpful during our stay and they provided us with all the information we needed.

Not to mention the champagne welcome at the reception. The bedroom we had was clean and they provide cover every details as they even provide you with a mosquito repelant within the room and we definitley did not get any mosquitos during the night. The hotel compound is very well looked after and clean.

The breakfast is amazing with different options to your taste. The restaurant is a must try. We read a lot of reviews about it and we can say it definitely lived up to its expectation. The husband of the couple that runs the hotel is the chef and the quality and presentation of the food was excellent. A lot of tourists that are not staying at the hotel come there to dine.

The overall service is excellent and again would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Madrid
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Beautiful private garden hotel with a 5 star service , multilingual staff (I overhead them fluently speaking French,English and Italian) , pool and an excellent restaurant. Spacious rooms individually decorated, with excellent bedding facing a yard with a fountain. I visited 3. Some of them have jacuzzi. One of them had a tiny secluded private garden. All the windows have a tainted glass, so during the day you can have the curtains open and still have your privacy.
On arrival you are offered a glass of champagne.
I stayed 3 nights. Visiting waterfalls for 2 days and spending one whole day just in the hotel in the garden in the hamac and by the pool. The staff has real sense of what an excellent service must be. They are there if you want to have a friendly chat, need anything (and they make you feel that no question is a silly question), and they will completely disappear if you want to enjoy the garden and be left alone. Gonzalo at the reception went out of his way and did everything to help me successfully cancel a non refundable reservation in Cordoba without me having to pay full amount of my reservation otherwise. (I had to cancel next leg of my trip because of the unrest in the city of Cordoba).
I had an excellent meal in their restaurant. Really appreciated the fact that they let me to choose any bottle of wine from their wine list and pay it by glass. As I travel alone I would not be able to finish whole bottle by myself.

Try their excellent caipirinhas by the pool.
The pool was cleaned twice during the hours I spent there.

There seems to be some sort of a debate on TripAdvisor if this hotel is true boutique or not.
Well, there is a clear striving for excellence in everything here. I was really taken care of. And this kind of personalised care is a true quality of a premium establishment.
And for a very competitive price.
It is a bit out of the Center of Puerto de Iguazu. But All the best hotels here are. And still everything is reachable from the hotel on foot, by local bus or by taxi.
I will definitely stay here again if I m in the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

A nice little hotel with a pool and outdoor jacuzzi. Just around the corner from tres fronteras and about 15 min walk to downtown. It's about 30 mins in a taxi to the falls. The staff were very helpful and friendly. And the food (dinner and breakfast) was very very good.

• Stayed November 2013
Boston
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This boutique hotel is about a 15 minute cab ride to the falls and a ten minute walk to Iguazu town - great location.

Rooms are well appointed, pool is good, whirlpool is adequate and grounds are peaceful.

What takes it over the top is the restaurant on site and the fabulous food prepared by a truly inspired chef. We ate there twice for dinner and they were the two best meals we had in a fourteen day stay in Argentina. Thank you Chef!

In addition, the service was excellent starting with the hostess and owner and the folks manning the front desk and acting as waiters. We were truly lucky to find such a special place. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Most rooms overlook the common area. Some may be larger than others and therefore worth inquiring a...
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had a good stay in the hotel in spite of a very bad weather. In Iguazu, it rains a lot and often. Fortunately our room was the only one on the first floor and we felt less humidity than in other bedrooms. This room is a bit old fashioned compared to the others but it is like a suite, very big and comfortable. Our bathroom had an enjoyable jacuzzi. The service was very efficient and friendly, the owners, an italian couple make you feel like guests in their home. The husband is the chief. He succeeds to get products of high quality which is not easy in Argentine and especially in the jungle. Taste the merluza negra smoked with coiba (cigar from La Havanna) and caviar sauce, it is really great! Avoid asiatic meals which are a strange mix of asiatic and italian flavours. The hotel is a bit remote, near the 3 frontiers but close to the bus stop which gets you to the falls.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the first floor.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were in Puerto Iguazu for 3 days to visit Iguazu Falls. The staff were very friendly, giving it a family run feel. It's relatively small, so you have good access to the jacuzzi, pool and hammocks. The highlight was the restaurant where the chef rustled up some surprising and tasty combinations for us.

Room Tip: Some rooms have hammocks and a seating area out front.
california
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I agree with what Mairoula_d says. I think this place has potential, but is not there and the price isn't reflecting it.

We had a room that was next to the outdoor hot tub. That isn't correct. I checked the hot tub, which was always bubbling, but it was cold, and the color of it looked like it needed chlorine and needed to be taken care of. In my opinion, it was a waste to keep the jets going when it was never really a hot tub anyone would go into.

The room was what I expected, and had AC which is necessary to keep air going. In the bathroom, we (both of us in our 30s), almost slipped since the water from the shower was impossible to stay in the shower since the "wall" is not enough to stop water from getting all over the floor.

The breakfast was good to me. No it didn't have eggs but in 2.5 weeks of being in Argentina, there was only 1 place that had eggs as a standard breakfast item. I appreciated that they had yogurt.

My last two points about this place, it is farther out of town, so you have to walk a ways to get to town. I didn't feel unsafe but the walkways are not evenly paved, or even paved at all, so sprained ankles can easily occur. Walkable yes, but not well lit.

My biggest point, which is still frustrating to me is upon checkout. I booked the hotel online through their own website. The deposit was charged to my card, and my expectation was that I could charge the rest to the card no issue. When I went I pay, I was told there is a 10% up charge to use my credit card. No where in my reservation document or email was this stated and they wouldn't budge. This has left a sour taste in my mouth still. Other hotels I booked with let me know this ahead of time, so I planned for cash accordingly.

To summarize, nice, but I might recommend another place to others traveling for the price and convenience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple