I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel in March 2014. At first, I was not sure of staying in a lodge near a subtropical jungle but it turned out to be a really nice hotel. The hotel has an interesting look, with log type construction. The hotel reception staff were very nice and they even gave me directions to take the local bus to downtown Iguazu and return back. The restaurant was nice too.
A couple of things to note but these are not necessarily the hotel's fault:
(1) The hot water took a long time in the early morning to come through the faucets. The reception staff explained to me that I had to run the water for 10 minutes for the hot water to reach the cabins from the heater in the main area. So, be aware of this if you are an early morning riser and want to take a shower early.
(2) When I was trying to sleep, I heard like fire crackers or explosions near the room. I thought someone was lighting fire crackers, but then I thought it could not be possible as it would be dangerous to do it. It turned out that the animals or birds were chewing on the small fruits on the trees near the roof of the cabin and when those fruits or twigs fell from the tree onto the metal roof, it sounded like an explosion. Once I figured that out, it was okay, and the hotel reception staff confirmed that too.
The hotel had free wifi and it was better than the wifi I had in a hotel in Buenos Aires. The restaurant had good breakfast too. You can also walk to one side of the hotel to see some natives and a horse stall on the other side. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again, if I visit Iguazu Falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the middle of the Selva Paranaense, La Aldea de la Selva Lodge combines nature and comfort through our rooms that enhance the rustic and autochthonous of our missionary land, with furniture made by local artists. The perfect blend of rusticity and luxury. We are a pioneer hotel-tourism company in giving value to the natural and cultural resources of the area of Iguazu, at the same time that we offer a unique lodging experience, committed with a distinguished service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your La Aldea de la Selva Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Aldea De La Selva Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- La Aldea De La Selva Lodge And Spa