“Terrible broken down StopII”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Stop Hostel Iguazu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Iguazu
Stop Hostel Iguazu
“Terrible broken down StopII”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I don't know if only my room is so terrible. The door handle is very loose with cracks on wooden door. Air condition is not working and without cover. Bed sheets are not clean and room with stinky smell. Overhead light is not working. I asked the reception if my room is the only so terrible room which I booked through Che Lagarto in cheap price and she said yes!!! I asked why their hostel want to keep such room for selling and she can't explain...

I feel misleading by Che Lagarto because not mentioned during booking. The booking process is time consuming and troublesome. My advice is if you want to book Stop Hostel, don't book through Che Lagarto.

But I wonder if I want to book Stop Hostel. The so called Stop II is with no name at the moment. Common area is empty, lifeless and worn out. It was obviously the old Che Lagarto Hostel without any renovation. I would definitely avoid such place. Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank monkizu

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Formosa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We got a very good deal offered to us at the bus station. After checking in we read the reviews here and got scared, but decided to take the risk because we didn't want to move. We're glad we stayed, because it is a very nice hostel! The staff was friendly and helpfull, the kitchen is not that good, but it did the job and best of all, we didn't see any bed bug! Common areas are very good, the rooms are ok, not super clean but the bed was very good. By the way, we wouldn't go here if we had to pay the price advertised behind the counter, but we paid less than half of that. After check-out we could use the common areas and facilities, very handy if you have to wait the whole day.

Room Tip: Better pick a room that is not at the street side.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Innsbruck, Austria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

we stayd in the stop hostel for 2 nights. it was 2 nights too long. the stuff is very unfriendly, the breakfast is bad an the rooms and bathrooms are not really clean....they have a kitchen but without any usefull things in it. i wouldnt recommend the hostel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Iguazu hotels

Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have been staying in a lot of hostels in S.America and Europe and I'm not a demanding traveller. But from what I have experienced, the only comment I have for the service of Stop Hostel = SUCKS!!

The staffs are not friendly nor helpful.

- I'm invisible. I greeted the staffs, but they didn't bother to greet back.

- We found bed bugs in one of the rooms.

- We booked the dinner thru the hostel which provided by Che Lagarto Hostel. The buffet was cancelled later in the day but the staffs on shift did not inform any of us even we were at the common area waiting for time to have dinner at 8:30pm. We were told by the staff from CHE LAGARTO that there's no buffer dinner! Yes, we only found out when we walked to CHE LAGARTO!!! When we confronted the staffs in STOP Hostel, one of them answered with her eyes rolling, "I don't speak English" and "no buffet? just refund". The staffs did not even bother to apologize.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank stay228
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is the worst hostel we've ever stayed at, we had lots of bedbugs in our room, it's very dirty everywhere (the kitchen looks like a nightmare, the provided pillowcases were full of stains and dirt), the wifi doesn't work, the showers are cold. Although the check-in is at 2pm, they arranged the room only after 4pm, the staff is not helpful or friendly.
Stay away from this place!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ioana C
Karlsruhe, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We stayed in private double room at Stop Hostel for 2 nights, but just checked out early because we had bed bugs. We had booked Stop Hostel through PAX hostel in BA, their sister hostel. Since we really liked it at PAX, we didn't even bother about checking tripadvisor.
WELL, that was a mistake!! The hostel itself seems nice and is well located, staff is helpful etc. After the first night I thought I was bitten by mosquitos and we kept the window shut. After the second night I had bites all over and I haven't seen or heard a mosquito at all! So I started to search the bed sheets and I found some huge bed bugs and couple little ones.
We showed the staff and they apologized and said they would clean the room and remove the sheets, because there was no other room for us.
Since cleaning the room and changing sheets does not really help with bed bugs, we decided to check out and suddenly they did have another room for us. BUT we left and got the refund for one night. I'm pretty sure the bed bugs are not just in room no 22.
Bummer, this could be a nice place, but BED BUGS are NASTY.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank chevere32
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

It looks clean and nice rooms but I woke up at 2 am with bed beds all over bed and pillow. They sited another room in sister hostel, but didn't seem that surprised and said its really common in Argentina?!

I have my suspicions that they don't do much about it give room general clean and rent it back out.

They need to get exterminators in as there sister hostel had exact same problem...

• Stayed November 2011