“Exceeded expectations!”

La Cantera Jungle Lodge
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I can't say enough good things about this place. I was there during their winter, so I think maybe there would be even more to enjoy at other times, but that was my choosing and I still had a great time.
The meals were outstanding. A great breakfast buffet, and the dinners I had there were much better than what I'm used to when I go out to eat (which is not all that often.)
I'm a sucker for colored lights in the landscape at night, so that was really beautiful. Day or night, the grounds were really pretty. I felt bad for the pool guy constantly cleaning the pool when no one was swimming. But it shows the care that they give to the place.
I'm not for the nightlife or busy environment, so I was very glad to be away from it all. I didn't even venture downtown and there was no traffic near the hotel at all. Only the occasional taxi or tourist van. This is a place to be for peace and quiet, not excitement. I was only there for the falls.
I'm terrible with names, but the young guy there was hilarious. Extremely helpful but also friendly and enthusiastic. They even told me how to get to Iguazu the cheap way!
They were very understanding of my early arrival and late departure and were fine with me hanging out in the tv / internet area for hours.
It was a great experience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SCADmike
Write a ReviewReviews (1,911)

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Came here to visit the falls and this place was woderful. the staff was very helpful and the lodge was perfect. Food was great/

Room Tip: Try to get a jubgle side room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 34709Andy
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at La Contada Jungle Lodge. The people were extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The jungle setting was very nice. The room was roomy, spacious and very clean. The food was decent and room service was very prompt. The activities director was very helpful with ideas about Iguazu National Park. The only drawback was an unreliable internet connection, which could have posed a problem for me if I had needed to do work. Otherwise, it was a great stay and I would stay there again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank texigator
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Big clean rooms with great bathrooms and plenty of insect netting! Convenient for parks but would recommend walking to the main road and getting the bus as taxi's are expensive

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2011

When an unexpected maintenance emergency caused our rooms to be damaged, the staff went ahead and booked us at a nearby five star hotel at no additional charge. Additionally, they provided transportation to the new hotel and provided a free dinner and tango show at their restaurant. The staff could not have been more apologetic and accommodating and I will absolutely stay at La Cantera next time I am in Iguazu Falls.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I went with a group of friends to dinner at La Cantera. Even after traveling to Buenos Aires prior to Igauzu and eating at some great restaurants, I believe that this was the best meal of our trip. The steak and salmon were both incredible and the service was on par. The tango show was also a lot of fun and included audience participation.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2011

This place is just amazing, we were so deligthed to arrive here. Its a short trip from the main airport. We loved everythign abotu this place, most of the staff are friendly and chatty and are happy to help you in any way. The rooms thmesleves are a sight to behold. When we arrived we were in time to go on a free guided tour of the local jungle area, very interesting, nice touch. There are bike you can rent for free also. As the lodge is located outside of the city, you will probably find yourself eating at the lodge each evening. We did this and loved almost all the food (note: there was an incident involving a piece of plastic in my partners salad, but the meal was stricken from our bill as an apology). But i have to say the female waitress on that night didnt seem to appreciate the seriousness and it took a whole 24 hours before we were told the meal was free...we expected the manager to speak with us, but it never happened, poor service in that regard, the only disappointment about this trip. Instead of using taxis, we decide to use the local bus, about 2 km walk from the lodge, it was super cheap and very frequent and it drops you straight to the falls, we'd highly recommend using this service rather than taxis/tour buses. We heard horror stories of very overpriced taxis to the falls. The location is great, right in the jungle, brekkies were nice, lots to choose from. We brought some wine with us and enjoyed drinking that on our balcony. Overall memorable stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FloHo
LaCanteraHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at La Cantera Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Dear Guests,
We apprecitate your comments and at the same time feel very sorry not only for the incident but for the lack of service you received.
We feel very sorry for this, the General Manager has noticed it and talked to the Hotel Manager in order to improve this kind of incidents! Thank you very much for your notes and we will be expecting you any time. Best Regards