“Overall an excellent choice”

Hotel Jardin de Iguazu
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Overall an excellent choice”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed three nights in this very clean, comfortable hotel. What we really appreciated about the hotel was the garden and small pool area in the centre of the hotel. All the rooms are built around the garden, which is a very pretty, peaceful place to sit after after a full day’s sightseeing. The complimentary, evening cocktail was also very welcome. A good standard continental breakfast is also available; we certainly found it sufficient to set us up for the day. We were easily able to walk to restaurants in the evening. We thought that the standard of food at the Aqua restaurant was very good. We needed to book at this restaurant because it was very popular. Receptionists at the hotel are pleasant. Their understanding of English is adequate to answer basic questions. You can make tea during the day in the breakfast room, but no milk is available. We paid for meals and even purchases in the local supermarket with American dollars and were given a good exchange rate. You do,however, need the local currency to buy your tickets for entrance to the Argentine side of the Falls. It is possible to buy tickets on line for the Brazilian side in advance, so that you don’t need too many different currencies.

Room Tip: Get a superior room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thompsonUK25
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello , good afternoon , thank you very much for your comments, very accurate and well detailed . -
When we built the hotel , we had the idea to make one floor higher, but this was going to meet with many rooms for the same common space, then it was decided to only 30 rooms and everything is in harmony with nature and space to relax , pool, patio and garden you mention. -
It is a good advantage to be in the center, we are very very next 12 restaurants. -
You are right , we always offer our guests some delicious caipirinhas , is a way to thank those who trusted us . -
We hope this issue is soon resolved to pay the park entrance with only Argentine pesos , is a complication , because they do not know this system , it is political , not commercial . -
In Puerto Iguazu , it is normal that you can pay in different foreign currencies. -
I thank you infinitely for your generosity in this review , it is a beautiful gift to us of much value. -
I also want to say goodbye to you, you wishing you the most beautiful in life , GOD with you forever with good health , everything else is not so important , it is always advisable to have the former for the latter. -
Good luck in life and I hope to return soon. -
Roberto - .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

centrally placed, this small hotel is unassuming from the outside, but lovely from the inside with rooms placed around a pleasant courtyard and pool. Handy for shops and restaurants and a walk to the three countries border.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Very good morning, thank you very much for your feedback. -
You are right, looking at the hotel from the outside, you can see little, but more importantly, as you have said, thank you!
It is always advisable to be in the center, you can access the restaurants and shopping center, for us, has been of great help to you also. -
I want to express my thanks for the review, brief and concise, but helpful, now, millions of people can see that our hotel is nice and that's thanks to you taking your valuable time to us this beautiful gift. -
I also, wish that GOD always take the path where the health is good, everything else, is not of great importance, especially if you do NOT have the first -. Cordial greetings and see you soon. -
Wilson, Wyoming
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our room was quite comfortable with a modern bath and a great shower. Lovely interior gardens with a nice pool and outdoor patio. You can easily walk to many of the best restaurants.

Overall I think this is a really fine hotel and great value for money. However, over a three night stay, we did experience two separate blackouts, one of an hour or so and another of two hours. These were not neighborhood events as I walked out and saw that everywhere else had power.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Hello , good afternoon , thank you very much for the comments , great appreciation , perfect description .... congratulations. -
Well, you are right, problems with power outages , it was not all over the city , here was rather close to the hotel , directly affecting our connection on the pole is in front of our hotel, I'm so sorry . -
It is very difficult to explain to foreigners the problems we have with the services in Argentina , very bad service we received and very expensive. -
Q ant to thank also the details of the hotel you mention , very accurate. -
Thanks again for making us this gift and surely will see millions of people worldwide . -
I wish the most important thing in life, GOD accompany life with good health , without it , we are nothing , everything else , can be obtained easily , but first we have good health , I'm sure. -
Good luck in life and hope again !
Roberto - .
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this very pleasant hotel. On arrival, we were changing out of clothes damp from a tour to the falls and my husband pushed awkwardly to get a sock off and dislocated a finger at the top knuckle. We went to Reception to ask for the address of a medical clinic and the manager dropped everything he was doing to drive us to the clinic and explain to the staff there what we needed. That's excellent customer service of a kind you won't find in the large corporate hotel chains! Our room faced the courtyard garden and was very comfortable, with a good sized bathroom and plenty of hot water. We found the location close to the centre of town was convenient as we like to walk to local restaurants for dinner. A lovely hotel, which we are happy to recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robyn F
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hello, good evening, thank you very much for your comments, you beauty!
I remember very well the situation, thank God nothing happened grave finger -. Thanks for mentioning it, but you do not have to thank, for me it is a pleasure to help, would 50 times if necessary. -
Thanks also for the details you mentioned room, always help us, I'm sure you deserve this and more. -
I say goodbye to you with all my heart desires, if GOD be with life with good health, everything else, is easily achieved if we have good health. -
Good luck in life, I wish to return, will be happy to make a caipirinha with you. -
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel staff are warm and welcoming and the rooms were cooled and clean. It's a fantastic hotel and I would highly recommend it.

The hotel rooms all look out onto a courtyard (just be careful you use the lock on the window as we hadn't done so)

The breakfast range was great and there were cocktails available every evening.

Really well worth staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RHNIreland
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hello, good afternoon, thank you very much for the comments, here I want to take my hat off, we are very pleased to receive these words of a "critical skill" that beautiful!
I always think that the best that can be expected of a hotel of its kind, is that the staff is friendly, helpful, friendly. -
I want to thank you mention infinitely clean, thanks. -
It's true, people should close the window room. -
Thanks again for this valuable gift that we did, congratulations. -
I hope GOD accompany life with good health, this is the most important thing, everything else, you can easily get if we have the first. -
Wer wait again, iguazu falls, always renewed, she are changing all the time. -
NY
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a nice stay at the Hotel Jardin de Iguazu. I had read the reviews before booking and am glad to say that our experiences were just as good. If you;re expecting the Four Seasons then you'll be disappointed - but if you're looking for a reliable and clean hotel with friendly staff, this is the hotel for you.
Location - block off of the bus terminal made it convenient to get to Iguazu Falls. not on a main street - so more quiet but a bit dark at night (sidewalk is a bit wobbly in some areas to walk on)
Front Desk- check in was very easy. Very helpful in the info for the area (ex. dinner options) and the falls. got a caipirinha after coming back from the falls - which I had read about and was glad I did!! perfect drink to enjoy after a long day outdoors.
Room - nothing fancy but they have good AC, safe box, shower (not too much toiletry amenities but sufficient), mini fridge. You get a room to sleep in - not to hang out in. Most importantly, CLEAN!
Breakfast - Cereal, yogurt drinks, fruits, ham/cheese, pastries. Good coffee (there was someone who complained about there coffee but we were happy with their coffee. Didn't see eggs but I just read in one of the recent tripadvisor posts that you can order that - we didn't know and weren't told about this option while there.
Pool - we enjoyed the pool. it's small (not for more than few adults at a time for any real swimming) but refreshing, clean. at the end and the sides of the pool, you can sit down and enjoy the jetstreams
We didn't have a lot of time before our flight, so the front desk helped us hire a car from the hotel to stop over at a bar near the rivers to see the borders of Paraguay and Brazil (Bocamora bar and Grill) and then head to the airport. was ARS 180.

2 Thank myxz
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Very good morning , thank you very much for the comments, well , congratulations on your ability , I can now see that his category of " expert criticality " is no accident. -
You mention something very important , our hotel , not the four season and the Burj Al Arab , the hotel is such that you mention , clean, friendly , the pool is small and above all things , we do a good job of good customer , listen , recommend, make free advice on each question , but without invading the tranquility of who is on vacation. -
The location in the center, yet in a quiet street is good. -
Thank you very much for the details you mentioned also breakfast and even more about coffee, something important to begin a long day. -
Thanks again for all the concepts of the hotel, you have been very generous , here you can see that they have been comfortable and consequently make us this precious gift that helps us both with future guests . -
There are occasions when people 's expectations are very high and the reality is that we are a small , well cleaned , wanting to serve well and have always wanted to get back , hotel is very well it is not so easy to come back from distant countries , but this attitude of yours clearly shows that if they can return , return to our hotel and that, it makes me immensely happy. -
I hope God bless you with good health throughout life, I'd love to return , iguazu , need people like you. -
I just want to say goodbye to you with immense gratitude, I hope God bless you with good health, everything else is not as important as it sounds, I know, I can assure you. -
Good luck in life and I think my greeting should say,,,, soon, we wait again. -
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a really great experience at this hotel. The staff is generally friendly and helpful. They provide non-alcoholic drinks on arrival and access to filtered water/hot water if you want some throughout the day. We wanted to try out the pool but never seem to make it when it was still open.

If the hotel is busy, be early for breakfast if you want access to more fruit options as they might run out. Although there was a lot of food for breakfast, the quality was only ok. In particular, the scrambled eggs weren't very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelstarling
BETOBRUSA, Gerente at Hotel Jardin de Iguazu, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Hello, good afternoon, thank you very much for your comments, very interesting. -
It's always special for me to read that the staff is friendly, with this, everything else, is easily solved. -
I want to make a small clarification, fruits are not completed, no, we take care of this detail is very important. -
With respect to scrambled eggs, sorry, I'm not sure what happened, we have tried different ways to do this, but the most effective is to do at the time, thatis, you order and no more than 5 minutes and are ready , fresh, freshly made​​, it's a shame not to tell me, I would have done with my own hands excellent eggs, maybe on the next trip, why not?
Thanks again for writing, thanks for your help, I hope GOD accompany life with good health, this is the most important of all, the rest are just details. -