Stayed in room 1, private room with double bed, shared bathroom.
- Close to the bus station yet in a quiet and safe area
- Nice back garden with hammocks and a small swimming pool
- Nice and informative reception staff
- A/C and fan in the room
- Decent breakfast: buffet style, choice from cereal, crackers, scrambled eggs, un toasted sliced bread, chewy bread, bad orange juice, oranges, tea/coffee/powdered chocolate
- Early check-out time: 10 am
- Soft, worn mattress
- Suicide showers
- Doors are squeaky and close to one another, as result a light sleeper can be awoken early by people using the toilets
- Room is right next to reception's entrance; noises can be heard from early in the morning. Quiet at night though (low season, can't comment how it'd be in high season).
- Closet with naftaline pills made everything we put in it and the room impregnated with a pungent naftaline smell
- Wi-fi signal weak and patchy, unreliable
As a side note, other places nearby our hostel had quite loud music banging at the reception area until at least midnight, from early morning (Mango Chill, Hostel Bambú). It's worth checking if the hostel of your choice follows this practice
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Garden Stone Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Stone Hotel Puerto Iguazu