“Excellent stay, would recommend to all”

and 1 more site!
Petit Hotel Si Mi Capitan
Ranked #11 of 58 Puerto Iguazu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My boyfriend and I had originally planned to stay at Si Mi Capitan for one night before crossing the border into Brasil. However due to last minute problems with my visa, we stayed two nights at this hotel.

The hotel was exceptionally helpful, allowing me to print visa documents at the front desk at no cost. We were also upgraded to a larger cabin at no additional cost for our second night as they could not offer us a second night in our original, smaller room. Staff at the front desk could also speak English fluently.

The breakfast was great and the rooms were spacious and homey with wi-fi and hot water. There were several black-outs during our stay, however the hotel was quick to switch to a generator whenever the power was out.

The hotel itself is situated only a five to ten minute walk from the centre of town and staff members gave us accurate and useful directions and information regarding the falls.

We would happily stay here and again and would recommend it to other travellers.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabriel H R, Guest Relations Manager at Petit Hotel Si Mi Capitan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Roslyn,
It´s so nice to read that our staff attend you as you deserve as we keep on working hard to improve everyday to offer our passengers the best service! Thank you for the nice words!!

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay, but could really be improved on cleanliness.
The bed blankets were pretty horrible and the cleaning of the rooms bathrooms wasn't quite what one would expect from a place like this.

The service was partially quite good, one reception girl spoke great English and was very knowledgeable on all of the local attractions and on how to get around, the other reception girl really had no clue :-)

If the rooms had been cleaner, and better bed linen had been supplied, we would have been very happy.
Otherwise a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

For the money this hotel was very good value and the staff were excellent. Breakfast was also very good with a wide choice of self service buffet. The location is good and is about a 10 minute walk from the bus station.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Transiting from Argentina to Brasil I chose this hotel for a 3 night stay early August 2013.
The room had everything one needs, incl. a fridge. The internet is kind of slow but better than no internet and it is included in the rate as is breakfast.
The hotel is located in the center of town but that's hardly an advantage as there is little to do or see within walking distance. The barking of the stray dogs can be a nuisance. If one wishes to shower wait until half of the Iguazú falls have made its way through the shower head. It takes ages.
There is a small outdoor pool to cool off if needed.
To get to the sights I always took a taxi. A command of Spanish helps agreeing to a reasonable rate. Try and pay cash with so called parallel Pesos.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed at this B&B for two days in May 2013. I stayed by myself while visiting Iguazu Falls. I arrived at night the first night. I took a taxi for about $120 Argentino Pesos from the airport to the B&B. It took around 25 minutes to get to the hotel. The hotel is right off the major street where all the restaurants and shops are located. Its about three blocks away from all shops. The neighborhood is a residential neighborhood so you will see people outside walking around. It does get dark at night but was still pretty safe to walk around for me anyway. The hotel staff was very helpful. They were expecting me and answered all my questions. My room was near the office on the first floor. It was a very good size. It had a TV and a mini fridge. The bathroom was spacious. It was the first time I experienced a bidet lol. I had no problems at this hotel. The wifi in the room was not strong but it worked perfectly close to the office. There was complimentary breakfast that had an assortment of fruits and pastries with a good selection of juices. I had dinner there the first night and the food was good. The empanadas there were very good. Nothing really bad to say about this spot.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Overall, we had a fantastic time and dont really have any negative thing to say about this place. It's got a good location (10m walk to the bus station, 5 minute walk to brasil avenue,with loads of restaurants) we stayed in one of the bungalows, which were clean and comfy. Breakfast was average so dont be concerned if you oversleep and miss it haha. We would de go back there, if you see a good deal just dont think about it twice, go for it! :)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Although it's a little far from the bus terminal, it's step away from a grocery store and the staff tries their best to be helpful.

The room is spacious and the bathroom is the best I had seen in the last 2 months of traveling in Chile and Argentina!

The breakfast is okay but one morning I asked if they can cook me an egg. They said they have to check if they have any, when the answer was Yes, they didn't even charge me extra for it.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage, try to get a room downstairs. It can be a bit awkward carrying large lugg...