“A retreat at a 7 new world wonder (iguazu) ”

Petit Hotel Si Mi Capitan
Ranked #5 of 52 Puerto Iguazu B&B and Inns
“A retreat at a 7 new world wonder (iguazu) ”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights and it was very nice, the room (6) was nice and clean, the decorations were good and the bed was even better, the breakfast is very nice I really like the coffee, and the small muffins. The staff are really helpful and explained us how to drink a proper mate. Thank youn

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

First, the staff was unbelievably nice! I would give them 5 stars if I could. The hotel itself, however, was not with the price. Shortly after I settled in into my room, I spotted a cockroach on the floor. I promptly killed it but unfortunately the dead insect attracted an unbelievable amount of ants! I called reception and they responded promptly- she brought an insect killer and cleaned the floor. Unfortunately, the ants did not stop coming (they seemed to be coming from inside the wall) and I had to ask to have my to changed. Thankfully a room was available and they did not hesitate. Unfortunately, my issues didn't end there. Sometime around 8 am, I was awaken by someone trying to unlock my door. Before I knew it, someone had unlocked my door and walked into my room (I'm positive my room was locked). I screamed "hey" and they promptly walked out. When I went to the front desk to tell them, they said "oh, it was probably the maintenance guy". They did apologize but I was bothered by the fact that someone else had a key to my room and the "maintenance guy" could just walk in while I was there. And who does maintenance at 8 am?! And why wouldn't they check if a guest is there. I would like to say, however, that the front desk did help me call the park for various reasons and were very helpful.

Also, the bedspreads were old and felt dirty. I was compelled to immediately remove them from the bed.

Lastly, both nights I was there there was constant barking by dogs either at the hotel or very near it. I had two miserable nights.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank nchinchilla
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is in the center of Puerto Iguazu only a few kilometers from the entrance to the Argentine side of the falls. The rooms are nice and there is a pool and a locked parking area across the street. The buffet breakfast was good and it was served in a nice dining area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabriel H R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Petit Hotel Si Mi Capitan, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for the nice words! We are constantly working to inprove our services!
bay area, ca
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here for two days and it was a good experience . The staff is very helpful and answered all our questions very patiently about Iguazu and Otherwise. The breakfast is decent .

The bigger rooms are nicer , the smaller bathrooms had mold. Otherwise no complaints at all.

Located near the bus terminus and the restaurants , we found it convenient .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kelvi
Gabriel H R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Petit Hotel Si Mi Capitan, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Kelvi,
It´s nice to know that all our effort to make you feel welcome worth it!! We are so happy to know taht you enjoy your stay! We also apologies if you didn´t found the bathrooms in the best conditions, and we apreciate the comment, so we can work about it and improve our service!
Hope we can met you again in our house!!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights and we thought it was very good value for money, the pool area was enjoyable (with towels), clean and light and the staff were more than helpful. The breakfast was a bit 'all at sea' but the coffee was good. location is key as we know and this hotel is, yes on a red dirt road but safe and quiet.

Room Tip: It was nice to be top level above the pool
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Emma,
Thanks a lot for your nice words! We are totally glad that you´ve spend some nice days at our hotel, while visiting Iguazú! We will always looking forward for your return!!
Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The worst accomodation we have stayed in during our South American trip! Here are some points so you do not waist your time here:
*The help from the service staff was average to put it nicely.
*The bathroom was dirty and smelt terrible.
*The air conditioner did not work
*The service maid left our door unlocked all day (while we were at the Iguazu Falls). Luckly it is a very safe town.
*The breakfast was great if you enjoy jelly and cake for breakfast;
* And when we rasied these issues with the service staff they did not care about our concerns one bit.

On a positive note, the falls were absolutly amazing and definately worth visiting.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the falls
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justin740
Gabriel H R, Guest Relations Manager at Petit Hotel Si Mi Capitan, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Justin,
We are so sorry to read that you haven´t feel so good during your stay in our Hotel. We apologies and ensure that we are working to improve our weaknesses, to offer our passenger the best stay possible!
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had originally planned to stay at Si Mi Capitan for one night before crossing the border into Brasil. However due to last minute problems with my visa, we stayed two nights at this hotel.

The hotel was exceptionally helpful, allowing me to print visa documents at the front desk at no cost. We were also upgraded to a larger cabin at no additional cost for our second night as they could not offer us a second night in our original, smaller room. Staff at the front desk could also speak English fluently.

The breakfast was great and the rooms were spacious and homey with wi-fi and hot water. There were several black-outs during our stay, however the hotel was quick to switch to a generator whenever the power was out.

The hotel itself is situated only a five to ten minute walk from the centre of town and staff members gave us accurate and useful directions and information regarding the falls.

We would happily stay here and again and would recommend it to other travellers.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Roslyn,
It´s so nice to read that our staff attend you as you deserve as we keep on working hard to improve everyday to offer our passengers the best service! Thank you for the nice words!!