“Affordable Iquazu option”

Ranked #5 of 52 Puerto Iguazu B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Affordable Iquazu option”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We staid in the hotel, so not the cabana's. The hotel en garden look clean en well kept. And so did our room, it was spacious, clean and comfortable.

Breakfast is mediocre but, like in most places in Argentina. Breakfast doesn't seem to be their thing. Considering this, their breakfast is above average.

During day time there was a young guy or woman at the reception. Both very helpful and giving their best shot to communicate. They with broken English and easy to follow Spanish and we with a poco Español. Which worked! At night there was a somewhat less friendlier woman, not warm and she spoke in an speedy flow of Spanish, which we totally didn't understand.

At checking out I forgot my iPhone charger. Dumb and my own fault. When I came back for it the next day they told me the cleaning lady had thrown it way!? The young guy at the reception handled it brilliantly though! He called the manager and the manager directly went to a store to be buy me a new one. If this ain't top service ; )

There are a lot of more expensive options in Iguazu. But for us this relatively cheap one worked fine. Pay cash and you get a 10% discount. Pay in cash dollars and you'll probably get even more discount.

The location is a 10 minute walk from the bus terminal and good restaurants. On your way to the terminal, 3 blocks from the hotel, there is a good bakery. You can Buy there your food for when you're at the park, much cheaper and better quality.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 120Sebastian1977

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Paris
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We had a Bungalow of five for a family of five adults, it was very decent, for a great price.
The pool was too dirty to be used, and that's a shame with the warm december weather
Breakfast was decent.
The hotel sent us a cab from the airport, who stayed with us during our stay, took us to the falls and to the Brazilian side.

Stayed December 2013
Palermo, Italy
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is ubicated near the town centre, to shops, restaurants and bus terminal, which is very convenient for those who do not travel by car. Rooms are Clean and confortable, breakfast is over average for a hotel of the same range in such area. The personal is highly professional, extremely nice. No fuss for payments with credit cards, as it often happening in North argentina, I asked for a taxi Early in the morfina and it was calle and found immediately, which is not thing to be taken for grande in the region.a very please stay. Every body efficient, nice and kind

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights and it was very nice, the room (6) was nice and clean, the decorations were good and the bed was even better, the breakfast is very nice I really like the coffee, and the small muffins. The staff are really helpful and explained us how to drink a proper mate. Thank youn

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

First, the staff was unbelievably nice! I would give them 5 stars if I could. The hotel itself, however, was not with the price. Shortly after I settled in into my room, I spotted a cockroach on the floor. I promptly killed it but unfortunately the dead insect attracted an unbelievable amount of ants! I called reception and they responded promptly- she brought an insect killer and cleaned the floor. Unfortunately, the ants did not stop coming (they seemed to be coming from inside the wall) and I had to ask to have my to changed. Thankfully a room was available and they did not hesitate. Unfortunately, my issues didn't end there. Sometime around 8 am, I was awaken by someone trying to unlock my door. Before I knew it, someone had unlocked my door and walked into my room (I'm positive my room was locked). I screamed "hey" and they promptly walked out. When I went to the front desk to tell them, they said "oh, it was probably the maintenance guy". They did apologize but I was bothered by the fact that someone else had a key to my room and the "maintenance guy" could just walk in while I was there. And who does maintenance at 8 am?! And why wouldn't they check if a guest is there. I would like to say, however, that the front desk did help me call the park for various reasons and were very helpful.

Also, the bedspreads were old and felt dirty. I was compelled to immediately remove them from the bed.

Lastly, both nights I was there there was constant barking by dogs either at the hotel or very near it. I had two miserable nights.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank nchinchilla
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is in the center of Puerto Iguazu only a few kilometers from the entrance to the Argentine side of the falls. The rooms are nice and there is a pool and a locked parking area across the street. The buffet breakfast was good and it was served in a nice dining area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabriel H R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Petit Hotel Si Mi Capitan, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for the nice words! We are constantly working to inprove our services!
bay area, ca
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here for two days and it was a good experience . The staff is very helpful and answered all our questions very patiently about Iguazu and Otherwise. The breakfast is decent .

The bigger rooms are nicer , the smaller bathrooms had mold. Otherwise no complaints at all.

Located near the bus terminus and the restaurants , we found it convenient .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kelvi
Gabriel H R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Petit Hotel Si Mi Capitan, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Kelvi,
It´s nice to know that all our effort to make you feel welcome worth it!! We are so happy to know taht you enjoy your stay! We also apologies if you didn´t found the bathrooms in the best conditions, and we apreciate the comment, so we can work about it and improve our service!
Hope we can met you again in our house!!