Sol Cataratas Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rainforest Hotel Selva(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Akwati Suites Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Posada del Jacaranda(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Tupa Hotel Boutique(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Grand Crucero Iguazu Hotel(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
House of Africa(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Kelta Hotel - Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2012

The room was comfortable enough, but quite spartan. The pillows had an unpleasant smell--like too many people had sweated through the pillow case and the smell impregnated the pillow. There was a very large black spider in the room, but since this is the jungle, I guess that's to be expected. The reception area and dining area are one vast expanse, which they have tried to divide by putting in some screens and ugly furniture. It doesn't really work--the environment is not welcoming. The pool area is nice enough, although the water was too cold for swimming when we were there and was filled with leaves (even though we were assured that the pool was "open"). The breakfast was mediocre. We ended up having the overpriced dinner at the hotel because we didn't want to have to deal with taking a taxi back and forth to town (25 Arg. pesos each way). The food was bland but edible. The biggest downside to this hotel is the distance to town. Actually, it's not so much the distance (just over a mile) but the fact that it's not really walkable due to the condition of the roads, absence of sidewalks, and concerns about personal safety. So, if you ever want to leave the property---and believe me, you do--you need to call a taxi. If you stay here, I would recommend that you go into town at night (we heard it was fun and active) and not during the day (when all the tourists are out visiting the falls and stray dogs outnumber humans in the town). The main thing the hotel has going for it is the staff, who were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JWK7385
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed only one night here to visit the falls from the Argentinean side, so I have a limited experience. But the hotel is quite nice, just decent three-star quality. The lobby and restaurant are in one big room, with some "obstacles" to make them look separate.

The rooms are in different buildings with about 8 rooms per building (I think). Room was clean, but they left open the door/window to my "balcony" (on ground floor, so something between balcony and garden) and some insects therewith had entered my room. Once I killed them, I felt comfortable. The bathroom was good, the bed big (there also was another small bed for a third person) and the tv new (about 27", flatscreen). Too bad that you cannot leave the door to the balcony open, because you would have a insect zoo within a matter of hours I guess. And, at least at my room, you have to keep the curtains closed at all time, because other guests could see everything inside. So it was dark all the time. Good for the temperature anway. The air conditioning did a good job too.

The pool is nice, but the seats around it were dirty. There is some kind of pool bar, but as there were just a few guests, it was not opened.

I did not have dinner here, but the breakfast was a good, continental breakfast as you may expect from a decent three-star hotel.

The location is a real drawback: walking into the town is a bit of pain in the ***. You have to walk down the jungle road, cross a major street with quite some traffic and then follow the main road for at least 15 minutes to arrive in the center with the bars and restaurants. However, there is a new shopping mall with nice restaurants at a 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel, if you do not care about the town itself.

I was really thinking if I should give it 3/5 or 4/5, but in total I felt quite comfortable there and friendly staff always helps.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Dominik L
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Though our room was clean, the staff friendly,the property nice with a great outdoor pool, I would not recommend staying here if you are visiting the falls for just 1 or 2 days. It is a $25 USD cab ride to the falls and not walking distance to the city centre or any restaurants so you feel a bit stranded. There were only two other guests at the entire hotel when we were there and the restaurant is only open for dinner with very limited options (though they can order pizza on your behalf and have it delivered to the hotel).

The water stopped working in our bathroom and it was hours before it was turned back on. The air conditioner also never got the room very cool and it was sweltering outside.

In comparison, if you are in Iguazu for just one night, I would splurge a little and spend it comfortably at the Sheraton which is walking distance to the falls.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Manisha3
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Our family had a great 4 days stay in Sol Cataratas in April 2011. There were very few other customers.

The place is quiet, except for vague sounds of the jungle. The Staff is pleasant and very open to customers feedback, since this is a relatively new hotel.

Rooms are fine, nothing special - but no complaints. Another user experienced a 140x180 bed, but our bed was fine - since I am 187 cm I would have noticed if it was too short!

Breakfast is basic continental.
Nice drinks in the bar.

The pool was a big hit with our kids (3 and 6 years old).

Its location about 300 meters into the jungle from the main road is perfect. We picked papayas and exotic flowers of all colours along those 300m. I wouldn't recommend less abled pedestrians to walk here, since it was not (yet?) paved.There's a 10 min walk to the local bus that either takes you into town or directly to the waterfalls at Iguazu. Busses to Paraguay and Brazil also stops here.

You go to Iguazu to experience the fantastic nature. The hotel is the perfect setting for those who want a quiet basic hotel with a friendly and above all, relaxed, atmosphere, without claiming absolute luxury.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed at the hotel for several nights. There were things that we have really liked, but unfortunately also a lot that we did not like that much.

The pool is beautiful, spacious and has a pleasant temperature.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Laundry can be cleaned to good prices inday.
The rooms are spacious and clean.
Resort is spacious and quiet.
The price of the hotel as the restaurant and the bar is appropriate.

The chairs at the pool are often dirty and broken.
The bar staff seems overwhelmed and unmotivated.
The curtains in the rooms can not be opened because everyone else looks inside.
The bathroom door had to be fixed by us first, just as the shower head.
The double bed is only 140x180 cm, far to small for two adults.
Since it is in the middle of the jungle, you can not open the windows.
The complex was rebuilt in the jungle, that means the jungle had to be cleared out and you need a taxi for almost every way.
To the supermarket as the bus to the waterfalls there are at least 10 minutes on foot.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple