“So good!”

Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Great staff and patiently waited for us to order in mumbling Spanglish. Let us order pasta to go and gave us bread and utensils to take home! The pasta itself was great - freshly made while we waited, nice flavor and big portions! Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This is a great pasta place, all pasta is freshly made and you can see chefs cook in the background. It is not a fancy place, it's predominantly a takeaway where locals seem to buy their fresh pasta and sauces. The pasta is so fresh and the staff are friendly - this is not a real tourist spot in the town, there is no English translation for the menu and the staff do no speak English! Definitely go and try!

1  Thank Claire D
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

In a town full of tourist traps, restaurants bending over backwards to get you inside to eat sub par slop, Mammas was a fantastic alternative to the bland alternatives.

Unassuming yes, the decor of the place is that of a sandwich bar. Space for 3 tables of 2 indoors but plenty outside, the food in this gaff really was top banana, although I saw saw no banana option on the menu.

I had two empanadas to start, as succulent as a mothers teet, both were scoffed down quicker than Linford Christie at a drug awareness meeting.

I had the carne ravioli with tomato pesto to follow. If my old Japanese friend would have been here, it would have brought a tear to his eye. Brilliant. This is home made pasta and sauces. It's top hat

The family who run the place work hard, real hard and I was happy to leave a tip. My waitress was extremely young, possible underage and very flirtatious which is always nice. I replied in kind I course but I'll always be a bachelor (not in the Cliff Richard sense).

Only served weak American lager when I went. I asked the young sort if it was ok if I popped out and got a 6 pack and she said fine. The chef seems to be a local celeb, see picture.

If you want a cheap and filling meal, under 100 ARS, Please go! If you do not want the formality of a sit down meal, go! If you want a kind of fast food, healthy and fresh, go! If you want good service and support a small little place, go!

1  Thank Simon W
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are traveling in Argentina and Chile for 2 months and these was the best pasta so far we ate on the Argentinian side.
Absolutely to recommend.

1  Thank AntonellaT
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This place was right across the street from our hotel and we passed it by a few times, thinking it was really for take-out. Our loss. When we finally went in on our last day, we found out what everyone was raving about. It's nothing fancy--you go to the counter and pick out your pasta and they take it to the kitchen to cook and then add the sauce of your choosing-bolognese, 4 cheese, basil pesto, bechamel, etc. We had gnocchi with pesto and tagliatelle with bolognese. These are big portions, so you may want to share. We also had a salad with tomatoes and arugula. The salads are prepared ahead but very fresh. While we were eating, at least 30 people came in to buy pasta, empanadas and/or sauce. Most items are sold by weight and at very reasonable prices. We took home a yummy Spanish tortilla for our breakfast. Don't miss out on this place, we'd be going back today if we weren't leaving!