“Great recommendation ”

Ranked #12 of 119 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

As a real Italian food lover, this place really came up trumps! The ravioli with crabmeat was outstanding! The lomo in mushroom
Sauce was also exquisite. The only reason we ate there was because as we passed, a couple from Israel came out and wouldn't stop raving about the quality. So after being convinced, we stayed. They came back to check we were happy with their recommendation (we are what they suggested) and were really pleased we stayed. A great find!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Our Hotel transport dropped us of right next to il Fratello and gave us vouchers for ill fratello to get a free pre drink, we searched the local area before coming back to il Fratello as it seemed to be a good restaurant. Given adequate time to plan and order our food, we had one waiter throughout who was lovely, he helped us to develop our skills in the local Lingo which was a nice touch, he really looked after us and appeared to be working hard. there was a good range of food, and there was an indoor and outdoor bit, we chose the outdoor bit however after a period of time wished we had chosen inside, there were stray dogs roaming around, children selling items and their families watching them do this and random individuals playing music which appeared agreed via the restaurant and every so often different people would try their go at performing, although I suppose the restaurant may have little control in dealing with these issues I felt they didn't do as much as they could to lessen the hassle, I didn't mind as much when we were waiting for our food however whilst eating (and I love my food) I wanted the focus to be on my food and feeding my belly.
Price of the food was decently priced, comparing it to others in the local area it was more priced, however compared to the UK we got a lot more for less.
The food was nice however I have had better, Me and my Mother had the Pacu Fish and unfortunately during the middle of the night I vomited and my mother had an upset stomach, all seemed cooked well, unsure if it was related to our stomachs dealing with the local fish. No issues with the rest of our group. Given it 3 stars as the whole experience was average, however would give 5 stars to the waiter for pleasantness and involvement.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very good food and got a -15% discount with a tcard (some tourist discount card that we were forced to buy).

Reviewed 14 February 2014

It is a lively cultivated restaurant for a large public in the center of the town. It serves fine Italian food à la carte, even at noon and in the afternoon.
On our fist visit at noon we eat a fine pizza made in a real pizza oven, on our second visit in the evening we had meat, which was nice, too. We stayed in the restaurant both times, because the outside on the boardwalk was hot and noisy. The service was amiable and attentive, the prices reasonable.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a late lunch, the service was OK. The fried Surubi was almost charcoal, and my wife's mixed salad was a few leaves of lettuce drowned in mayonaise and encrusted with processed cheese. I hope the other plates are better.