Secret Garden Iguazu B&B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
House of Africa(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Tupa Hotel Boutique(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Posada del Jacaranda(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Akwati Suites Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
Latino Hotel(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
El Paraiso Apart Hotel(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Kelta Hotel - Iguazu(Puerto Iguazu)
  • Breakfast included
Grand Crucero Iguazu Hotel(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
Bosetti Apart Hotel(Puerto Iguazu)
View Hotel
All reviewscocktail hourjohn fernandesother guestsevening drinksbanana breaddog roxythree roomshomemade jamsjohn makesbed and breakfaststimulating conversationbird parkplace to stayboth sidesthe busthe great reviewsvisiting the falls
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Went in 2008, totally forgot to do a review but I was reviewing something else so I figured I'd do it now, 3 years tardy but hey, it's the thought that counts right? :)

Obviously I don't remember too much, but I will highlight the memories: Roxy, John's dog, was a really sweet little Jack Russell, totally full of energy and affection. The room was nice and spacious and clean, and John makes AWESOME caipirinhas. It's also not too far from Iguazu and was reasonably priced. And John has a fascinating personal history and has lived in Argentina for years, he'll give you some insight into the culture and country that you wouldn't get out of a guidebook.

I remember searching a lot for hotels in Iguazu, some of the hotels are astronomically priced and you get a very sterile hotel experience. My boyfriend and I are so much more B&B than hotel people, so maybe we're a bit biased. But I'm willing to give up a little bit of private space and fancy room service if it means I can share a drink with the owner of the establishment for a few hours on the patio every night, and meet people from all walks of life.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We had a great stay at the Secret Garden. The place was very clean. Great location. John was beyond helpful with every arrangement we needed to make. I have never stayed anywhere that was more welcoming, comfortable, and easy.
The secret Garden is a great value and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This place was fabulous. My only regret is that we only stayed one night. Everyone told me that there there is little to do in Iguazu and therefore you only need to spend one night there if you have time to do both sides of the falls, so that’s what we did. We had such a nice (albeit brief) stay, that I wish we could have spent one more night there just to relax and chat with other guests and the warm proprietor John.

He and his dog Roxy were very hospitable, and even sent us a few photo's from our stay. Would love to stay there again (for a longer period of time) if we ever make it back to the the wonderful falls!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This was the first time we had tried a B and B and really enjoyed it. We stayed with John and he was very helpful and set up anything we requested including taxis and restaurants. John is a very friendly man and is willing to help with any planing you will need before during and after your stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Secret Garden is the perfect place to relax and unwind. My husband and I travelled by bus from Buenos Aires. John met us at the bus station and had even recommended the best bus company to use- We were not disappointed!
Close to the Iguazu Falls. John the host and his lovely helpers insured we had magnificent breakfasts, cocktails in the evenings and every whim catered for. John helped us find quality local restaurants and assisted our travels in the Iguazu area. We would highly recommend this B and B to couples looking for a relaxing time. We hope to return one day!!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect - only 3 on site!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple