“Wonderful Adventure in Iguazu”

and 1 more site!
Secret Garden Iguazu B&B
Ranked #1 of 58 Puerto Iguazu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2009

My driver was there to meet me with a sign and a smile. His name is Ariel. We drove to the Secret Garden B&B and picked up John the owner for a 15 min tour of the town. We went down to the river for a view of Brazil and Paraguay. The Secret Garden was everything I read about. A very quaint B&B with an emphasis on the environment. I dropped off my bag and gave my valuables to John to put in his safe. He will give you an envelope and have you sign across the opening. My room was the middle of the three rooms and had a yellow motif. Nice wood floors and wood paneling. Nice size room with a comfy bed and a couple of chairs inside and outside. The bathroom had a shower and plenty of hot water. The a/c in the room worked well. I headed to the park with Ariel. I could have used the collectivo (bus) but I enjoyed talking with Ariel. The charge was $85AR for the trip to the park and back. He had worked at the park for 6 years so he knew quite a bit about the area. Back to the B&B for a quick happy hour at 7pm of caiparinhas and brushetta and meeting the other guests. This is one of the best parts of staying at the Secret Garden. I was traveling solo so this was a great opportunity to share. Some of the guests turn over nightly so you meet new people each day and swap experiences at the park and in BA. The breakfasts are toast jam, and fresh friut. Frankly, I did not need more after my gastronomic adventures in BA. I joined another pair of guests at Aqva. Very good food and priced decently. I would definitely stay at the Secret Garden again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank HonoluluGolfer

Reviewed 12 March 2009

Whether for an overnight stop or a longer stay, this place is a real "find". The service is excellent, the rooms spotlessly clean and overall we cannot fault it.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2009

On a late Feb. trip to Iguazu Falls, I was able to book a last-minute room at the Secret Garden. My stay was for 3 nights, but unfortunately only one of them was at the B&B. Overall I really liked it. My room wasn't huge, but it was tidy and the air conditioning worked. The location was good--within walking distance of restaurants in Puerto Iguazu. The host, John, was great. An interesting guy and one who really took time to help out with logistics, answer questions, etc., and fun to talk to over caipirinhas in the evening. There was wifi, which I couldn't use from my room but worked fine on the patio.

I ended up staying at 2 other places, a hotel (which was fine) and a slightly out-of-center collection of cabanas along the main road to the falls (which didn't suit my needs as well). The Secret Garden was the best of the 3.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank FarShore
Reviewed 4 March 2009

The Secret Garden is a wonderful spot to enjoy Iguazu. John, the owner, is an incredible host, doing everything imaginable to make your stay a special one. I even managed to leave something in my room and he arranged for a driver to drop it off at the airport. I honestly couldn't imagine going to Iguazu and not staying at this wonderful place. John's inside knowledge was invaluable to enjoying the town of Iguazu, and his advice on how to navigate the park to maximize enjoyment was absolutely spot on. On top of everything, John and his staff greet you with an incredible happy hour of caparinhas, appetizers, and conversation.

Reviewed 1 March 2009

We chose to stay at the Secret Garden as the reviews on tripadvisor seemed good and the other more corporate hotels didn't seem very inspiring. It was instantly obvious that we had made the right choice when our airport transfer driver pulled up at the secret garden and John, the owner, jumped into the car to give us a tour of the town! and suggested , if we were not too tired, that we might like our driver to drive us across to Paraguay for some shopping, then into Brazil for a quick lunch and a look at the falls from the Brazilian side, before returning home across the bridge into Argentina back to the secret garden in time for drinks at 7 with John to meet the other guests... a fantastic day with loads of stamps in our passports and photographs!. The following day we spent at the national park and saw the falls at frighteningly close proximity which perfectly complemented the distant panoramic views we had taken in of them the day before from the Brazilian side. Exhausted, we were collected at the close of the park, and returned home for a hot shower before drinks with John and the new guests - met some great people and had a great dinner at the Aqua restauant with some of our fellow guests; t wo New Yorkers. John was a most marvellous host, his hotel stunning, and our two night stay the highlight of our three week trip to Argentina. Our recommendation is not only to say at the secret garden, but to stay two nights rather than one and enjoy it!

Reviewed 24 February 2009

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Secret Garden Iguasu. John was a great host , giving us a tour of Puerto Iguasu and even asking us what drinks we liked for the evening cocktail hour so he would be sure to have them on hand. The rooms were clean and neat and the showers and air conditioning worked very well-important because Iguasu can get very hot in the summer. The gardens surrounding the rooms are beautiful and really add to the experience. The inn is about 20 minutes from the falls but it was not a big deal-John arranged for great drivers to take us there and back. We also enjoyed talking with John and meeting the other guests at the evening cocktail hour.

Reviewed 15 February 2009

The Secret Garden Iguazu is one of those little precious gem worth discovering.
John, the host and innkeeper, was very helpful in finding us a driver to go see the falls, suggested us great places to eat as well as helped us find another place to stay as his B&B was already booked for 2 of the 3 days we were in Iguazu.
The quaint rooms are set in the courtyard filled with tropical plants and visited by a myriad of hummingbirds. A little wooden boardwalk connects the rooms through the lush courtyard to the veranda, where the Caipirinha is served for all the guest at 19:00.
One thing worth noting is that John and his summer helper, Anna, will plant a tree for each guests staying at Secret Garden Iguazu.
Roxy, John's dog, was following Anna in her every moves, and was a friendly addition to the already welcoming setting.
I would definitely recommend anyone wanting to have a great experience in Iguazu to stay at the Secret Garden.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple