My driver was there to meet me with a sign and a smile. His name is Ariel. We drove to the Secret Garden B&B and picked up John the owner for a 15 min tour of the town. We went down to the river for a view of Brazil and Paraguay. The Secret Garden was everything I read about. A very quaint B&B with an emphasis on the environment. I dropped off my bag and gave my valuables to John to put in his safe. He will give you an envelope and have you sign across the opening. My room was the middle of the three rooms and had a yellow motif. Nice wood floors and wood paneling. Nice size room with a comfy bed and a couple of chairs inside and outside. The bathroom had a shower and plenty of hot water. The a/c in the room worked well. I headed to the park with Ariel. I could have used the collectivo (bus) but I enjoyed talking with Ariel. The charge was $85AR for the trip to the park and back. He had worked at the park for 6 years so he knew quite a bit about the area. Back to the B&B for a quick happy hour at 7pm of caiparinhas and brushetta and meeting the other guests. This is one of the best parts of staying at the Secret Garden. I was traveling solo so this was a great opportunity to share. Some of the guests turn over nightly so you meet new people each day and swap experiences at the park and in BA. The breakfasts are toast jam, and fresh friut. Frankly, I did not need more after my gastronomic adventures in BA. I joined another pair of guests at Aqva. Very good food and priced decently. I would definitely stay at the Secret Garden again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal place to jump-start your visit to the Iguazu Falls in Argentina. High on concept the Secret Garden is populated by tree ferns and other shade-loving plants salvaged from the slash and burn rural and logging activities decimating the surrounding rain-forest. Our location allows you to get a feel of living in a small South American frontier town and has easy access to urban amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Secret Garden Iguazu B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Garden Iguazu Bed And Breakfast
- Secret Garden Iguazu Hotel Puerto Iguazu