“OKB - Iguazu Visit -”

Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Waterloo, Belgium
“OKB - Iguazu Visit -”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

During my visit to the Iguazu Falls and San Ignacio Mini Ruins & Wanda Mines, Argentina! I stayed at this hotel for three nights. If you are looking for a hotel not right down town, then this is one of the best places to stay on the Argentina Side of the Falls. By taxi it takes less than 10 minutes to get to the city center.
It has a very nice garden with beautiful flowers! Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good and their lunch an dinner are not bad! Dinner is a la carte and buffet style ... at your choice!
IF you are looking for good Internet access, make sure you get a room close to the reception, as Internet reception is not very good far away from the reception area!
I can fully recommend this place!!

Room Tip: See comment about Internet!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Otto B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The rooms are excellent with one exception. The room key is sort of a two headed skeleton key and it can go into the lock only one way. Included in the fare is a dinner buffet and also a breakfast buffet. The dinner buffet was very good. We left by 5 AM each morning so our breakfast consisted of only coffee, cold cereal, fruit, and bread. The hotel has 3 internet terminal for use by the guests and a large swimming pool, which I did not get to try out.

There is one draw back to staying here. It is on a divided 4 lane highway with a jug handle left turn. There is a great deal of traffic on this road and making the left hand turn into the hotel requires some patience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Muncie_birder
Calgary, AB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel was booked by our tour package. The hotel public area was very nice. Food was cheap by North America standard. I ordered chicken plate. The chicken was very dry like jerky. It seemed that the meat had been cooked and sat on the grill for a long time. Our friends ordered buffet dinner. I think they only sample a few items. Like most guests, we came here to see the falls. Luxury is not our top priority. The next night, we went to town and had a nice dinner.

Breakfast was nice with plenty of sweet stuff. Even the croissants were sprinkled with sugar and brushed with syrup. We were the first couple entered the restaurant and found the tables were not clean. Food particles from the night before were on tables. Bathroom was tiny. water splashed out from the tub enclosure that made the floor all wet. Hotel only provided 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels. Our A/C was barely working. The "pan and swing" mechanism were ripped by previous occupants, perhaps due to frustration of the unit. Our friends said their unit was OK. They would not clean the room if you didn't leave the key on the front desk. The key was an antique, see picture. We only stayed for 2 nights.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stag88
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel in Feb 2014. We had a Master Room which was large with nice air conditioning. A little dated but clean. The Wifi did only work in lobby area. The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and Claudia at the front desk was always helpful and courteous. The pool area was clean although it would have been nice to have a non-smoking area for guests to get away from the smokers. Breakfast was a nice buffet although they needed to replenish the eggs more ofter. Dinner was OK and if you wanted it, they had a buffet available. It was a short taxi ride into town, but after exhausting days, we opted to relax at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1NevadaTraveler
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

1)The Hotel was dated
2) Food was horrible-we had to take a taxi into town to get decent food.
3) Advertise wifi-but they are well aware that it only works in lobby most days

4) The hotel staff told us we could stay for a delayed checkout (had a late flight that day)...
I asked if there would be a charge & they said "no". So great we took the other room-they said we could move into.

Well upon checkout time-the exact same guy told me that now I owed him half a day's stay.
So interesting that they moved us up to a better room & THEN charged us an extra half day stay.

Not worth it-there are other better hotels for you to stay in.
NO NOT CHOOSE THIS ONE
so they got even more $ from us.

I am contacting the tour company that set us up there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicole D
Petaling Jaya
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed three nights. Old, worn out, small rooms, but wifi worked and the room was clean, the beds were good and the aircon worked. $ stars not really! As long as a room is clean and the beds are fine, I am fairly happy, but if the staff is not interested and even uninformed, the breakfast bland and boring, the service in the restaurant non-existant and the pool not very clean, had an oil film on the water, my advise would be to saty somewhere else. The hotel itself is also quite far away from the city center, other restaurants and bars. And after my impression about the breakfast buffet you might want to avoid dinner or lunch there. The only hotel I had in South America which was disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MariaPetalingJaya
new zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Very tired hotel. Decor tired, fittings tired. Our room was small, the bathroom even smaller. You had to stand in the shower and work out how you could get out, trying to miss the toilet and the basin. Quite a feat. Couldn't get WiFi to work at all so had to use the computers in the foyer.
Breakfast was ho hum. Came with the room price so couldn't complain I guess. Decided to eat in that night, wish we hadn't. The food was simply awful. I ordered a chicken dinner and I swear ir was a ten year old roaster served up to me. I honestly ouldn't cut it. I asked my husband to try and he couldn't either. I had a fruit salad which was cut so small you couldn't tell what fruit was in your mouth because one spoonful gave you about five different fruits. Preparation was bad, had pips in it as well. Dreadful food. Don't eat in is my advice.In nfact, try a different hotel to stay in is my advice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple