“A safe choice”

and 1 more site!
La Sorgente Hotel Posada
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My parents and I stayed here for 3 nights, visiting both the Brazil and Argentina sides of the waterfalls. While not having seen or stayed at other places in Puerto Iguazu, I feel like I can safely recommend the hotel to other guests.
PROS: clean, quiet rooms. Convenient location to bus station and short walk to center of town (albeit via dark streets). Free wifi and computer available to guests; capability to print for small fee. Helpful front-desk staff. Reliable transportation services (but not sure about fair pricing, here's what we paid 180 pesos for Brazil airport pickup to hotel, 380 pesos for 3 destinations in one day: Brazil falls, Itaipu dam, and shopping).
CONS: included breakfast was sparse. They did not replenish items that were finished by other guests, even at 8am, (for example, fruit salad, meats/cheeses). So if you don't arrive at just the right time for breakfast, your only options are breads and sweet desserts...not exactly nutritious or filling. That would be an area of improvement for the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Worldly_wanderlust

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The Hotel is perfect for what we wore looking for, quite, nice a confortable rooms, straordinary service at the recepcion (no other hotels gives you all this kind of infos) , pool is ok, and the Italian food is one of a kind !!!

I will definatelly come back

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 17 March 2012

As probably quite a lot of other tourists, we were limited in time coming to Puerto Iguazu only for 2 days, though it could be nice to spend in its beautiful parks another day or two. Looking for the hotel, we had few requirements: not too expensive, conveniently located - so that you can easily reach both - the falls and the town center (if you want to go out for the dinner), quiet and simply nice to stay in. Naturally, Trip Advisor was our usual source of information. It's always a bit confusing to make a decision based on numerous personal reviews, but the common sense says that if you see many positive ones and just one or two negative, you can take a chance.

The first issue we had to deal with was - to stay in the town or to select some romantic but probably remote place (in the last case you always have to take taxi to go to the town and to the falls). We've opted for the town and decided on La Sorgente - which in our opinion proved to be a good choice, answering all our requirements.

We came with the morning flight and since we had less than a full day, we have decided to use the rest part of it to go to the Brazilian side of the falls, which provides beautiful views of the falls, but requires less time. The hotel had provided us with the taxi from the airport (100 pezos), so after dropping our luggage at the hotel we continued with the same driver to see the Brazilizn side. The decision which cost us additional 200 pezos was probably right since we saved a lot of time on the border crossing - the driver took care of the border formalities and also waited for us more than 4 hours - until we finished our tour in the park.

The location of the hotel proved to be very convenient - just 3 blocks (5 min walking) from the bus station. while at the same time you do not hear buses coming in and out of the bus station - this part of the Cordoba str. is very quiet. You have a feeling you're in the countryside. On the other hand, due to the proximity to the bus station there is absolutely no need to take a taxi to go to the argentinian side of the falls - buses are quite frequent (about 20-30 min). Also, when you want to go for the dinner or need a bank/ATM - everything is very close. On the first of two evenings we went to El Quincho del Tio Querido - which was just great. On the 2nd we've just stayed at the hotel - they have a very good (though more expensive than the former) italian restaurant.

Hotel itself is very nice - not too fashionable, but clean and cozy. When you get in and cross the lobby, you find yourself in the small but beautiful garden with a small pool in the middle. It was nice to take a rest there after a long day of sightseeing and cool ourselves in the small pool before going for dinner.

All the staff, and especially Valery and Ramon from the front desk were very friendly and cooperative. During our internet interconnection before our arrival they answered immediatelly to all our e-mails and during our stay they helped a lot with good advices, ordering taxis, etc.

We can definitely recommend the hotel to everybody who is looking for the same qualities we were looking for.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed two nights in Feb.
The staff were briliant and the room was clean and spacious.

The restaurant was very good.

I have to mention how grateful I am that the staff went out their ways to help me when I was unfortunately sick.

I would love to visit again to thank them.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I fully agree with everything in the previous reviews from Feb. 21st & 28th. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the bus station where you buy tickets to the falls (20pesos return trip / bus stall #11). The staff were very friendly at check-in and gave me the low down on how much time I would need to see the sights. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the servers were all incredibly nice. I had 2 wonderful filling dinners there and was glad that I did. As mentioned, the hot water was indeed a bit anemic one day and the room was dark, but those were minor problems as the room was mainly for sleeping. It did make hunting down the mosquitoes that entered during room cleaning slightly more challenging, but one 60W bulb would cure that problem. Also, while, I don't swim, I should add the pool area looked quite nice as well. A very decent choice in Iguazu!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BCD_Toronto
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Puerto Iguazu might be a bit of a tourist mecca, but I nonetheless found it difficult to choose a place to stay that isn't much overpriced, a dodgy hostel, or far out of town. If you feel you're in the same boat, Hotel La Sorgenta might be the solution. I spent 4 nights here and enjoyed my stay very much. The service is friendly, the rooms are clean (enough) and well air-conditioned, and the location is excellent: close to the town centre as well as the bus station, so it's easy to shop, eat, and travel to the falls. They can also organize comfortable remises to take you anywhere further out, and at pretty fair prices, too. I tried their Italian restaurant twice -- I didn't always pick the best choices from the menu, but the quality of the food was top notch, as was the service (albeit almost a bit too formal for my liking). Downsides: while the pool area is lovely, it also has plenty of hungry mosquitoes, which made it into my room every day. The fact that the rooms are very dimly lit does not help at all. The hot water supply in the shower is anaemic, noise insulation is marginal, American Express is not accepted (even though they think it is), internet speeds were infuriatingly irregular during my stay, and although the breakfast is pretty decent for Argentinian standards, that means it's still pretty mediocre (although I very much appreciated the fresh orange juice). Overall, though, these weren't big issues; the place is a good pick either way.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DocMighty
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I was there a couple of years ago....made the mistake of going somewhere else to eat. Then we tried their restaurant and OH MY GOD! It was the best food we had in Argentina! Simply amazing food. The chef I understand was from Italy and the plates were awesome. The desserts were even better! Wish I could go back often but its a bit of a drive from Canada!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends