“Place is okay but customer service not great”

La Sorgente Hotel Posada
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Toronto, Canada
“Place is okay but customer service not great”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in off season so were some of the only guests. When we reserved we were told we could pay in us dollars at the dollar blue rate but when we arrived they wouldn't honour that rate. The water pressure was terrible. Breakfast breads were stale. And as we were checking out and gathering our items in the lobby we were rushed out because we took too much space.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emily S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I would absolutely stay in this hotel again. The breakfast was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet. The restaurant on site was excellent. My only complaint would be that the WiFi was horrible. It never worked in my room, and it was fickle in the common areas. I ended up taking my laptop to a restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank etantum
Forchheim, Germany
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel is a nice place with a good restaurant. The stuff is very helpful and the location is close to the centre and the bus station but far enough away that you have a quite time. During my stay it looked like the hotel has some trouble with some locals during the day, hopefully this can be solved as fast as possible - this was the only small aspect which reduced the rating a little bit.
The included restaurant serves nice and good italien food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We did not necessarily choose this hotel…a transportation strike stranded us in Puerto Iguazu, which would have been awesome if we were able to stay in our original hotel; but alas…there was no availability and we had to change to La Sorgente. It is an average hotel. Our room was small(smaller than some of the photos on this site), but we had our own patio which we enjoyed. The neighbourhood is quiet, which offers a ncie escape, but the room was not—the door and walls must be thin, because we could hear loud conversations coming from the restaurant, and hear people coming and going loudly from their rooms. At one point during the night, I also think there was someone trying all the door knobs, which lead to a very paranoid night (I never confirmed this, could have been the rain or the wind, although I have never heard rain wiggle doorknobs before). The pool was dirty the day we were there, and there were no pool chairs available until we asked. About half the staff was helpful; the other half did everything they could to get rid of you. The breakfast was decent. The location was great; Cordoba has some nice restaurants, is ~15 mins walk to/from the bus station, and is ~15 mins from the centre (and ~45 minutes to the confluence of the Parana and Iguazu rivers). Probably would not stay at this hotel again…

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JCaseros
Bozeman, MT
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My friends and I stayed at this hotel as part of a trip to Iguazu Falls (purchased through Say Hueque tours). It was so cozy and comfortable, good wifi, good food in the Italian Restaurant, La Toscana. The pool was fantastic after a long day walking around Iguazu Falls. The breakfast was big. The bar made drinks with freshly squoze (in front of us) orange juice. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Any room here would be great. the hotel is located on a quiet street off, but close to the main are...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is a decent hotel in Puerto Iguazu and is very good value for money. The rooms are a bit dated but are clean enough, the same applies to the bathrooms. The pool area is beautiful, really picturesque and a nice place to relax after being at the park. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The breakfast is really good and again the staff are really helpful. It's about a 10 minute walk to the centre of town and is quite dark coming home but this is really good value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I wouldn't recommend it for the following reasons
(1) The room they gave me didn't have a window! It was like a cave, the only window it had was on the corridor!
(2) There are chairs and a table in the corridor, and you can hear people chatting, and cant sleep
(3) The curtains allow LOTS of light into the room... not very nice if you like to sleep in the dark.
(4) the resturant is VERY expensive, and the people there are rude and idiots, I came in and it was empty, so I just sat in the nearest place, the guy asked me to get up and sit in a two seater table!! If it was busy I would have gone to one of them anyway, it was empty!! How disturbingly rude.
(5) Not so close to everything... you'll need 5-10 minutes walk to the central station, and from there I can't remember how long it took to reach the waterfalls...

I'm sure there are better and closer places. I don't recommend it AT ALL.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo