My companion and I ended up at this hotel as part of a package tour to Iguazu booked from Buenos Aires, so it was not our choice. The hotel is in a good position for getting into the town or to the falls via the public transport system.
The first room I was shown was not that good but we managed to get a different room without any problems - the staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was clean, adequately furnished (albeit very old, cheap furniture) and the bathroom/shower was fine. The hotel has 2 swimming pools, a small gym and a small games area (table football, table tennis) although I didn't have time to use these facilities.
There is free WI-FI (if you can get the children off it!!!!) and the reception/public areas are well set out. The bar is not that great and the dining area is very basic. Breakfast was a buffet with the usual sweet pastries etc, yoghurt, toast, cereals and a sprinkling of fruit now and then!
The hotels just up the road looked better but were probably more expensive but if you're not going to spend much time in your room then the Carmen is more than adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carmen Hotel is located in Puerto Iguazu, 15 minutes from the waterfalls and 20 minutes from the international airport. This Argentine hotel features two swimming pools and a large garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Carmen Iguazu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoteles Carmen Iguazu Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Carmen Hotel Puerto Iguazu