“Affordable Deluxe Hotel to Enjoy Iguazu Waterfalls”
Review of Panoramic Grand

Panoramic Grand
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Iguazu
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This hotel is atop a hilltop overlooking the river with a panoramic view of Iguazu town. It is very quiet and nice ambience with a luxurious swimming pool in spite of being close to the township or. City which is 2 mins walk away.
Excellent breakfast and dining facility and the staff are very polite, efficient and helpful. Had a few meals in hotel and enjoyed the local fish dish grilled PAKU very much. Rooms are clean and very comfortable with functional and luxurious faucet fittings.
Good value for money and wished we could stay longer.

Room Tip: Higher floor room with river or mountain views. Try the local river grilled fish dish "PAKU&qu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time and write about your experience in Panoramic Hotel Iguazú.

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the beauty of the waterfalls and our hotel, and we have exceeded your expectations. I also want to thank you for helping us recommending other travelers, the excellent and particular view of the 3 borders and the Iguazu City from our rooms.

Pablo D’Amato
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,884)

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel was quite nice compared to the other local hotels. It was cleaned and more modern than the other hotels in the area. I would give this hotel four stars but my only reservation is that the bed was essentially two twin bed mattresses pushed together to represent on large bed. I had a small balcony outside my room which was nice to sit and enjoy a class of wine. The panoramic view was essentially a view of the Iguazu River. It was a nice view and much prettier than the view that you would get at the other hotels on the Argentinian side; however, don’t expect a view of the waterfalls.

The staff was great. They spoke English well and were very helpful. They had a great working relationship with the tour companies which really helped with coordination of excursion arrangements. The hotel also had a small casino inside. I walked through but I did not play any of the games. They had wireless internet service and it worked extremely well in the rooms and in the lobby.

The breakfast and dinners at the hotel were not something that I enjoyed since I am a picky eater and I am not a big steak eater. I had salmon for dinner one of the nights and it was not good; it was overcooked and had way too much sauce that it made it more difficult to even taste the salmon. The house red wine was not good. The next night I got the half bottle size of Malbec and it was a bit better. Although I was not a big fan of the hotel restaurant food, the staff was so kind! I do not speak Spanish and the staff was so great with helping me with my order. I am so so grateful for the English that they speak because I do not speak any Spanish.

• Stayed: September 2013
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed the beauty of the waterfalls and our hotel, I also want to thank you for helping us recommending other travelers, the excellent and particular view of the 3 borders and of the Iguazu river join with Parana River, from our balcony river view rooms.

we are working very hard with an English local institute to train all our staff, thank you very much for your comment.

I would like to offer my sincere apology for all the inconveniences in our Restaurant, and for not reaching your expectations as a 5 star hotel

Pablo D’Amato
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stylish, luxurious and spacious this is a comfortable hotel. Room was very comfortable as was the lobby area. Hallways are wide and plenty of space in the rooms. Pool looked fantastic, although it was too cold to partake.I was a little disappointed in the breakfast. It has good views over the river, although it is a little "out of the way" resulting in us having to negotiate poorly lit, poorly maintained streets to get dinner in the town. Nevertheless, really stylish, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in Panoramic Hotel Iguazú.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were booked this hotel by our travel agent, read the reviews and arrived full of anticipation. This was sort of short lived though there were a lot of positives. The pool is great and the views are wonderful. They are only better from the spa on the top floor where you can sit in a hot tub after a massage and gaze into the middle distance....... If you do have a massage, remember the adage - you pay for what you get ie it wasn't very good!
The rest well - we noted the enthusiasm for a room at the front with a view so we paid extra and got a room at the front. Unfortunately it is at the opposite end of the hotel from the pool and only by craning your neck, can you see around to your left and the view. The sad bit is that we didn't come here to sit in our room and look at the view; we came for the Falls and afterwards to relax at the pool. So we haven't been looking out of our expensive window and even if we had been, the windows so dirty that we can't see much anyway!
We had lunch one day and breakfast on several other days. Burgers and toasted sandwiches were served cold with cold chips by a dis-interested waitress who appeared to be the cause of the delay in getting our food out. Breakfast was fine and although fried eggs were available if you didn't want the scrambled version, they could have been more adventurous over their cooked breakfast? The coffee was awful which was a shame as the breakfast spread was really good.
If you want to be a good 4 star hotel, you must get your wifi to work and the Panoramic's doesn't! It had a mind of its own in every part of the hotel and came and went when it pleased. The staff were friendly and helpful though but even they apologised for the wifi which suggested that it was an ongoing problem. We had laundry done which came back the same day despite not being requested to do so. The bedrooms were small, the bathrooms smaller but we slept well and required nothing.
We did enjoy walking into town each evening and having a drink here and there. You pay for what you get for dinner and plenty of places that have been reviewed for your choice. We particularly enjoyed Aqua.
We would stay here again happily but they need to lift their standard, cleanliness and presentation to get folk to stay here and not go out for drinks / dinner / whatever! Staff training would be a good place to start.

Room Tip: Stay at the pool end of the hotel and as high as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Durris681
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear guest

I would like to thank you for writing about you experience at Panoramic Hotel Iguazu

We are always interested to hear the comments of our guests and we are glad that you have written to us.

I’m extremely sorry that you found the service provided not up to our usual standard

I apologize for this inconvenience and will make inquiries about it, we will continue working to correct and improve our services and facilities in order to achieve this goal as soon as possible.

About the rooms, I would like to tell you Panoramic Hotel Iguazu, was built in 1962, its construction marked the beginning of Iguazu's golden days and the development of the town into a tourist hub. Hotel was rebuilt in 2007 and we should have to keep the original building to save its history, Panoramic Hotel is now the historical heritage of the city of Puerto Iguazu

Warm Regards

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We booked only one night at the Panoramic Hotel. It was located on a hilly mount next to town. Basically their original idea was to built a grand style hotel with casino however the whole concept did not work out according to plan. It was left with a property under utilized and under upkeep. The name of 'Panoramic Hotel'' gave the impression of great view from the room however the view was nothing to be excited. The service in the hotel was also lacking in warmth. We took a long walk into town and was almost attacked by vicious neighboring dogs. Our evening was spent by having dinner in the dining room of the hotel. The food was average however the solo on guitar in the late evening gave some uplift in atmosphere. I definitely look for another hotel on our next visit.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charn P
PabloD932, Manager at Panoramic Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Our first goal in Panoramic Hotel Iguazú, is to make that all our guests feel like at home during their stay and helping them to enjoy their tour at the Waterfalls, we will continue working to correct and improve our services and facilities in order to achieve this goal as soon as possible.

We appreciate your kind comments and we hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We chose the hotel based on trip advisor and the Expedia reviews we read as well as the advice that staying on the Argentina side of the falls would be a nicer experience. The hotel was so nearly good but seemed to fall down at the last in most respects. Staff varied from disingenuous, disinterested and moody to pleasant, professional and helpful. The room was small and typical of your average London business hotel in arrangement. As some other reviews have mentioned the walls are thin and the noise is a major irritation especially as we were up early on both days we stayed. The food in the hotel is average at best, breakfast in particular was a let down. Awful coffee and hard pastries, warm milk in cereal and a very sorry looking attempt at fruit was disappointing. The evening meals were pretty poor and certainly not worth what we paid.
The wifi in the room and in reception area was hopeless most of the time.
We stayed here due to the close proximity of the falls and on the advice of the concierge booked a private driver (Trendy Travel) to take us there and back. In hindsight this was a mistake, the car turned up late and we had to agree a pick up time in advance. Pretty hard to guess when you've seen all you want to see at Iguazu however not a disaster as we arranged to be collected at 4 and waited only a short while.
We used the same company to take us to the airport again on the advice of the concierge. This time we needed him to be on time and explained that they were late before so we booked at 6.50am so they could be ready to leave at 7. The car turned up at 7.20 after we'd had the receptionist call to find out where they were. No apology.
The best thing about our stay was the excellent massages we received from the ladies in the spa, well worth the money. The showers in the spa didn't work however so another area where the hotel falls short.
This place is not 5 star, not in a million years. 3 to 4 I'd say at best. With some attention to detail, professionalism, diligence around the things that don't work and are tired this has potential but currently I wouldn't advise staying here.
It's expensive and not worthy of it.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Johnboy

I would like to offer my sincere apology for all the inconveniences you had, and for not reaching your expectations as a 5 star hotel.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We planned to stay here for two days and one night to explore Iguazu park on the Argentinian side. Unfortunately, our flight was delayed so we arrived too late to visit the park. The concierge, Ignacio, was wonderful however and planned an itinerary for us to see and do everything in the park we would have done over two days in just one. This included a driver to bring us to the park first thing in the am, pick us up in the afternoon with our luggage, and take us directly to the airport. This hotel has great views of the river from the lovely pool deck, clean rooms, and most importantly fantastic service. Easy walk into town for dinner, but like most hotels in this area, a bit of a ride to get o the park.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a river view, just go sit by the pool to see the view for free!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple