“Great Staff, good amenities”

Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2011

From the time I checked in to the time I left, the staff proved themselves to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was larger than I expected, and the bed was comfortable.
There were two things that they had that I appreciated, even though I didn't use them: a swimming pool, and a miniature golf game.
One of the reasons I chose to stay here rather than elsewhere was the fact that they offer a free breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 June 2011

I did not have high expectations for a second tier hotel located in a shopping mall. Although I'd always prefer a downtown location to a mall, this hotel far exceeded my expectations. Well designed rooms with comfortable sectional sofas, massive HD TVs with great high tech connections that will allow you to connect anything to them, comfy pillows, fridges, the room had absolutely everything you could want except for bottled water.

Although the Hyatt Place line is considered a lower category than regular Hyatts, this hotel was actually superior to what you get in the higher end Mariotts, Hyatts, Sheratons, etc.

The staff was beyond great; friendly, helpful, they're very proud of their hotel. This is a well run team with staff performing multiple jobs and doing it all with a broad smile on their faces. Compliments to all of the staff and kudos to management.

The food in the cafe, while not the reason to come to the hotel, was fine. Complimentary breakfast had great fruit, excellent coffee, and reasonably priced egg dishes, if you wanted more than continental.

This hotel deserves to be number 1. We were there for a conference and they absolutely added to the experience. If you've got business there, look forward to it.

Room Tip: All rooms are basically the same
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I have to start by staying what a great place to stay. I don't think I have ever seen such a great group of people working at a hotel til I stayed at this property. The property is very clean and well maintained inside and out, the staff was very active and were willing to help with anything that was asked and they would go the extra mile to accomodate there guest. The Hyatt Place Mesa will be my choice when I am in the Phoenix area, and will refer people to the hotel as well. Thank you for the enjoyable stay, I felt at home the entire time!!! See you soon

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Our stay at Hyatt Place was outstanding. The moment we arrived, we were treated very professional and it was easy to check in and be in our rooms right away. The rooms were nice and clean. We enjoyed our stay at Hyatt Place. Whenever we are in Phoenix area, we definitely will look up Hyatt Place/Phoenix/Mesa if we need a place to stay

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2011

This Hyatt Place is a new build not a takeover. It is very clean and the staff is absolutely helpful as noted in other posts. Breakfast is very good and the breakfast area is kept clean and well stocked. The location is excellent for both restaurants and activity. Friday and Saturday activity in the Riverwalk
mall area was a ton of fun. The Sports bar and Toby Keith's
restaurants were a blast. Walmart
is within walking distance for
supplies as are most of the
restaurants which is excellent to
get you out and moving around.
The hotel is roughly 8 miles from
PHX and is located close to
highway access. I highly recommend this property for any
length of stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Loved it rooms where very clean and LCD Tv! Very good service front desk handled any need a had! Location was good a lot of food options and a megaplex next door. Mall about 12 blocks away. would stay again

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 5 April 2011

This is my first time staying in a Hyatt Place. I am very impressed. I don't know if they are all like this, but this one is very clean, very quiet. The whole feeling of the place is one of simplicity and elegance. The room layout is the best I've seen. The friendliness of the staff is at a level I've never seen before. I have loyally stayed at two other hotel chains for years, and with this one experience I am going to look first for a Hyatt Place everywhere I go.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends