“Very comfortable”

Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is not a 5 star hotel and it doesn't proclaim to be, but it was a very comfortable stay for four days. The rooms are quite large in size and you have a lounge area separate to your sleeping arrangement. Breakfast is simple, but it does the job nicely.

Thanks for the enjoyable stay.

Steve North

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank northy91
jrbersch, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear northy 91,

Thank You for your review of our hotel in Mesa. I had the very good fortune of visiting your wonderful country last year and played golf on the Castle Course. One of the very best days in my life. I can only hope we showed you the hospitality I enjoyed at your home!!
Come back soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a newer hotel in a simple, modern design. The interior is stylish and the staff is quite friendly. Breakfast was surprisingly good. If your travels take you to Mesa then this hotel ought to be at the top of your list. Room was comfortable and clean and we slept well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmiboise

Dear tmiBoise,
Thank you for your very nice review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to hosting you again!!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great hotel if going to cubs spring training. Walking distance. A few bars/restaurants to go to. But very suburban like. Things were pretty dead after 6pm. Hotel clean, food average would not buy unless desperate. breakfast was decent and included.
Pool was small but good enough to relax in. Would stay again if just going to cubs game.

Scottsdale was a $25 cab/uber ride. Is a great area to go to and hang out see things. Would stay there if just on vacation and no need to be in mesa.

Room Tip: Elevator slow so 1st floor probably better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

thebutcher,

Hope all is well back in Chicago and the weather is starting to warm up a bit. We enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind review. PS- Scottsdale is too expensive, next year, ask us and we will shuttle you to downtown Scottsdale for free!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel was a nice surprise, when we were in Mesa visiting family. The room had a fridge which was FANTASTIC as we have a 3 month old with bottles that need to be kept cool. The room was quiet, and clean. Not huge, but enough room for a bed, a couch a TV and room to move around. We used the hotel pool a couple of times and found it to be clean and enjoyable, and with many features like misters and nice lights that are on after dark.

The front desk was OK to deal with, but we did have a couple of problems. First was that on our second day there, they forgot to clean our room. By the time we got back to the room and realised this, and called downstairs, they told us housekeeping had already left for the day.

We also asked for a late checkout the day before we left. The staff member working the desk told us that the next day, the hotel was at 100% capacity and that it would not be possible. Now, if it had been I could have understood, but they way he said it was a bit unfriendly. We still got 2PM checkout because my husband is a Hyatt Diamond member (guaranteed late checkout) - he didn't even ask before he told us that it wouldn't be possible. When we checked out at 2PM I don't think I'd seen another person all day so I'm not sure about the "100%."

All in all though, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite which was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank The-McCormick-Family
jrbersch, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

To the McCormick Family,
First, Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Whenever we get a review, I personally look at any critque as an opportunity to get better. I am very pleased that you found our new pool area to be comfortable and relaxing, we created that atmosphere for that exact reason.
I am disappointed to learn that my front desk team did not wow you during your stay, it is typically what many people rave about. As a Diamond member of Hyatt's reward program you are entitled to a 4PM check out. On behalf of my team please accept my apology that you were not taken care of as I or you would expect. I did go back and verify that we were sold out on the day of your checkout, but you should still have been accomodated.It is my hope that when you return to Mesa that you ask for me personally so that I might say hello.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here in August 2013. We were on a road trip and the location fit into our itinerary. Its location is a little bit disconcerting as it appears to be in the middle of an office park. But this hotel ended up to be a real wow! Our room was larger than average, very clean and had that "new" feel. The hotel characteristic that stood out the most was the attitude of the employees. Everyone gave the impression that they were really proud of their hotel and enjoyed their job. While having our breakfast in their beautiful, modern dining room, a very GQ looking man was casually walking around talking to both the help and the guests. We spoke briefly to him and he turned out to be the General Manager. He was quite impressive and shared that this property was one of the top Hyatt Places in the US. This is truly an exceptional hotel!

Room Tip: We did not see any restaurants close by. We did not go out to dinner, however, so am not entirely su...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet H

Dear Janet,

Thank you so much for the very kind comments and your review of our hotel. I did want to pass along a little information in the event that you return to Mesa. We have numerous restaurants within walking distance and countless more that our complimentary shuttle goes to. From steak & Seafood, Italian, BBQ or Mexican, just let us know what you have in mind and we can help you make a selection.
All the best, and Thank You again!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Nice newer hotel by the freeeways....Loved everything about it, the room was clean and spacious, bed was very comfortable, breakfast area was great and good selection, location was excellent. What more can you ask for a place. It's in a newer shopping area with a great movie theater. While hubby was playing golf I took in 2 movies. Just a short walk directly behind our hotel. Staff was good, very attentive. Walked to a sports bar as we HAD to see the Broncos win. Walked to some shops and did a bit of shopping. Would definitely have this be a stop if you're a picky traveler like I am.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScNebraskatraveler

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind remarks!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Great shuttle service over to both the light rail station and airport. Saved a bunch of money as I did not have to rent a car or take a taxi. Hotel is a typical Hyatt Place with a pool that was open in January (hey it's Arizona).

Breakfast menu is the typical cereal, fruit, breads, and beverages (milk, coffee and tea). They also included hot menu items such as eggs on english muffins w/bacon, pancakes and waffles.
The hot items changed each day.

If you need a ride to the airport or to the light rail station, be sure to check in at the front desk as to the times, especially in the mornings. They were running on the half hour when I was there. In the evenings, I just called the front desk and the van would come out as quick as they could, longest I waited was 20 minutes.

Be alerted this location is under the landing pattern of the Phoenix airport. Seamed like frequent landings started around 6am and went to 10pm. There is no road noise as there are no major streets nearby.

Great stay. Helpful staff for local restaurant suggestions.

Room Tip: Flying into Phoenix, don't pay for a taxi to get to the hotel, call the front desk and asked to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chas S

Dear Chas,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the good scores! Hope to see you back in Mesa again.