All reviews movie theater bass pro shop putting green sitting area great hotel within walking distance cubs spring training sloan park phoenix mesa hot items free breakfast restaurants and shopping free shuttle business traveler spacious rooms business trip easy access
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had stayed here years ago, was not disappointed on my second stay. Clean, great location with shopping & dining choices nearby. Very popular with young families and people attending Spring Training Baseball Games in the area. Great Coffee & Breakfast which I enjoyed outside in the Clean & Well Kept Pool area.

Room tip: Ground Floor Room had nearby road traffic noise
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
jrbersch, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear WandaJoyGlobe AZ,

First and foremost, thanks for coming back! As any business does, we thrive on guests who come back even better when they share their experience with TripAdvisor. Thank you again for the review and we will see you next time!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

A clean hotel is not easy to find , but the Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa was very clean, comfortable and convenient to restaurants and shopping. The free breakfast was very good each morning with a variety of choices, hot and cold. The temperature of the room was easy to adjust and remained comfortable once set. The hotel was close to the Cubs Field which was good for avoiding crowded roads.
We had a king room that was quiet, a nice size tv and a good view of the pool. It was a pleasure to stay.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jrbersch, General Manager at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Skyline 60,

I very much appreciate your review! We look forward to hosting the Cubs and their fans again next year!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I stayed in this Hyatt Place for four nights in April 2014 with our six-month old son. Everything about this hotel was top notch and I cannot wait to stay again. We frequently visit family in the Phoenix area and I anticipate I will be staying here frequently. I will happily recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Service: The quality of the service - from the check-in to the cleaning service was high quality. Every aspect was seamless. Upon check-in they provide you with a booklet of hotel tips and tricks. These features separate this from other hotels. I even saw the manager out at the pool checking for a fresh towel supply on a regular basis.

Fit and Finish: Everything in this hotel was high quality. The rooms were spacious and very modern. We had requested a crib and it was in our room ready to use when we checked in. The couch (and pull out bed) were both clean and in great condition. The bed, pillows and bedding were of high quality and worked well for us.

Breakfast: The breakfast was a typical Hyatt Place breakfast with some variation each day. I preferred the French Toast to the pancakes but was pleased and found items to eat each day as did my wife. The staff was always accommodating and multiple staff members stopped over to ask if they could provide anything for our son.

Facilities: The room was perfect as were the pool and fitness center (while basic, it functioned). The pool facilities were great. Whether for a quick morning dip or time to swim under the LED lights at night, ever aspect of this hotel was exceptional.

Location: You could not ask for a better location. Located right off the highway (but not close enough to be bothered by traffic), this hotel is easy to get in/out of. Additionally, it is right in the Mesa Riverview outdoor mall plaza. We walked to the different stores/vendors in this plaza and would have walked to the restaurants if we were not eating dinner with family. It would be easy to walk to the Wal-Mart, go see a movie at the theater or go shopping at any number of stores.

I cannot give a high enough recommendation for this hotel. I look forward to being back again soon.

Room tip: We did not have one but it appears there are several rooms that walk out into the pool area.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jeremy L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I know many travelers depend upon Trip Advisor and the feedback people like you leave. Good or bad, we want to hear. It is so nice to know that we hit the bulls eye!
Take care, we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was the one of the hotels near the Phoenix Marathon finish line. My friends came in town to run the race and chose a room with two queen beds. We were surprised how nice the room was. It was rather spacious and it could have slept up to 6 people including the pull out bed. It is conveniently located right off the 202 freeway and next to the new Riverview park and the Chicago Cubs Stadium. Lots of food places and stores. The staff was nice as well. For the morning of the race, the complimentary breakfast was offered at 3:30 a.m. to accommodate runners. There is also a well stocked snack area by check in with sandwiches, salads, fruit etc... I will recommend this hotel to any out of town guests and anyone running the marathon next year, it exceeded our expectations.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear blue lagoon,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am very grateful that you appreciated and recognized our efforts for the marathon runners. We wanted to make the stay extra enjoyable for you crazy people who can run that far!!
We look forward to hosting the runners again next year!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Check in isn't until 3pm but they let us check-in early at 1:30pm, no charge.
Stayed in a king room with pull out sofa. I'm not sure why people say these rooms are small we found it very comfortable and loved the layout. There were 4 of us, so we had two kids on the sofa bed. Could easily have slept one more on the other side of the sectional sofa, and at least 2 places you could put a playpen that wouldn't be in the way. Lots of room for a family. Very comfortable and clean. There is a closet behind a mirror by the sink, kids thought that was a cool secret passage. Only thing I could think to improve would be the lighting in the bath/toilet area. There is one light and it is really dim. If you shower with the door closed, you can't see much.
The pool was awesome. It's a nice size and perfect temp, and the hot tub is huge. The pool awnings have misters to keep you comfortable, there is an 80in TV out there so we could swim and watch basketball. At night they've got cool lighting too. It was just really fun. We had fun putting on the green too.
Breakfast was really good and super fresh. We enjoyed fresh grapefruit and yogurt with granola from the oatmeal bar, Hot egg sandwiches, and french toast. Our kids were sick so we took food up to our room. There were no trays but a staff member got me a to-go box, which was nice of them.
We were only here one night but would love to stay a week. It is also a great location. Close to lots of food, shopping, and easy access to the freeways. If you're going to Mesa with kids check out Riverview park, 2 minutes away and lots of fun. Fishing, splashpad, ropes courses and playgrounds.
Can't wait to come again!

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LRHawk

Dear LRHawk,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our new pool area! We put a lot of thought into the guest experience and I am glad we hit the mark! It is alot of fun out there, especially now that the temps are heating up!
Thanks again, come back soon!