“Convenience, friendliness of staff, and proximity to numerous restaurants and shopping make this a wonderful hotel!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the friendliest staff of any hotel we've stayed in. From the front desk to the shuttle bus drivers to the breakfast bar personnel we have eexperienced exceptional service. Rooms are spacious with two rooms and a large bathroom. Both rooms include a wide screen TV with plenty of viewing channels. Housekeeping has been excellent and a full breakfast bar provides an excellent morning meal.
The hotel is surrounded by numerous restaurants and bars. A brewery is also within walking distance. A large shopping mall is less than a mile away.

• Stayed April 2013
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

Being mentioned as the "friendliest staff of any hotel" is probably the best compliment we could receive. So thank you!

We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Mesa, AZ.

Happy Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

The room was spacious, well decorated and clean. The hotel was in a beautiful location with walking distance to a variety of restaurants and a shopping mall. We made use of the shuttle service to go anywhere else and the drivers were prompt, safe and polite. The staff in general in fact was extremely courteous, professional and very helpful. Although this stay was short I would like to come back to Mesa and take in the sights and some adventure with my family.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

We are happy that you enjoyed the size of our rooms and complimentary hotel shuttle.

We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Mesa, AZ.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for just one night last week for an interview I had with a graduate school nearby. For any of you that has business with A.T. Still University they will offer you their lower business rate which I thought was great. I was checked in promptly and was upgraded to a suite room free of charge due to the standard room I was supposed to receive not being ready on time. I greatly appreciated not having to wait for a room to be ready. I also requested for late check out which they gave me but I ended up not using. The rooms were a little outdated in my opinion. One of the lamp shades looked pretty banged up (not that it was a big deal to me just something I noticed). The furniture in the living area wasn't at all comfortable but the bed was amazing I slept really well. The shower had great water pressure also. The next morning I already had my bill under my door and check out took 10 seconds max. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We truly appreciate it!

We look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to Mesa.

Hampshire, Illinois
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. Location was perfect close to everything within good acces to all roads. The rooms could be a little cleaner. Before booking in March ask if they are hosting baseball tournaments..if they are stay away. I don't know who behaved the worst the parents or the kids. The staff tried to ammend the problems and handled it in a timely manner. Breakfast was ok seemed like the danish and baked good were day old at best. Not the verity of food they say they have everyday was the same...kept up well with making food available though. Walking distance to many resturants. This hotel has good reviews but was a little disappointing. Like I mentoined if it wasnt for the great staff I would probily not recommend staying but the staff made up for the issues we had.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our staff. We truly appreciate it!

I am very sorry we had an unruly team in house during your stay and can understand your frustration in that matter. I will also be sure to address the breakfast comments you mentioned as hot items are to rotate daily.

We hope to see you back and we will aim exceed your expectations then.

Lake Cowichan, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed overnight at the Carlson Country Inn and Suites before our flight home and were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the helpfulness of the staff and the warm welcome. The pool is small and right beside the freeway so is somewhat noisy but is clean and lots of towels. Free shuttle to the airport was a real bonus and lots of eating establishments within easy walking distance. Overall a good experience and would use again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit!

We hope to see you back soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was recently married a short distance away from this hotel. They were nothing short of fabulous for all of my guests not to mention our wedding party and family. We had no problems checking in, during our time here or even splitting the bills at the end of our stay etc. I have no complaints what so ever about our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
CountryMesa, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your group experience.

I am glad to hear you and your wedding guests enjoyed their visit! We know weddings can be hectic so we do our best to eliminate any added stress.

We hope to see you back for your anniversary celebration and congratulations on your wedding!

Thank you for choosing our hotel!
Arizona
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We did have a positive experience here outside of checkin and which later we received a phone call and apology from the manager after our stay. Nice touch and showed the management of this hotel does care about their guests and repeat business. We ended up in a Suite, which included a king bed in the bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the front room. Rooms had good wifi connection, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Comfortable room, which also had tv's and phones in each room. Prices seem to go up as you get into the busy part of the season and around catcus league spring training, so book early.

Breakfast in the morning included not only cold foods, but also some cooked foods such as eggs, waffles, french toast, potatoes, sausage or bacon.

The hotel is located right off the 60 and power road and within the parking lot of the hotel are several restaurants and even within a short driving distance are even more restaurants.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

I am glad you enjoyed our location and layout of our suites. I apologize again for the check-in delay and appreciate your kind words on our follow up call.

We hope to see you back in the future!