“Great museum for little ones”
Review of IDEA Museum

IDEA Museum
Ranked #22 of 64 things to do in Mesa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: An interactive art museum for children.
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I like that this museum changes their theme on a regular basis. It gives us the opportunity to come back and see something different when we visit. I feel they are very reasonably priced. And if you have an Entertainment book, there is a "buy one admission, get one admission free" coupon.

3  Thank lxsdiam1

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We have a two year, this was maybe the most fun she's had since we moved here three months ago which is saying something. There are two parts to the museum- one which can probably best be described as a romper room, and one that's very much a please touch kind of museum. Our daughter loved both sides, especially the romper room side. That side is basically a very large room broken into different sections, a place for children under two, a faux supermarket, kitchen, living room, and auditorium, and then in the middle a large open play area. The please touch side is comprised of a number of interactive sections where children to get to play with different things that teach them about sound, textures, motions, and lights. So much fun, and she can not wait to go back!

1  Thank JohnNJackie
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I love going to this place they change out the theme and exhibits every couple of months so it's never the same.My favorite of all time was the transportation exhibit with cars and bikes and cycles and stuff. And almost everything is hands on, outfits to put on experiements to try, things to draw, etc. Love the way they create an environment that lets you explore.

1  Thank DesertSplash
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I took my 8 year old daughter, along with my 12 and 10 year old neices and my 1 1/2 year old nephew so we had the whole age span covered.
They all LOVED it and didn't want to leave. The Extreme Pets exhibit was going and that was the highlight, but the rest was also quite a draw.
I would highly recommend if you have older and younger ones to bring an extra adult if you can since the 3 and under area is on the other side of the musuem. It would have been difficult if my sister weren't with me to take my toddler nephew while I watched the older kids.
Allow at least 2 hrs if you have kids who will want to make the arts and crafts.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

This is really meant for very young children. I took my 4 and 7 year old and they were too old.