“Excellent for the price”

American Executive Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Mesa B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent for the price”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Can't complain at all... office staff was always very friendly and helpful (which is pretty rare these days). Room was clean. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning the room. Everything seemed to work OK. Didn't use the microwave but the fridge worked great. There was no iron or hairdryer in the room, but the office had them to loan out when requested. It doesn't seem to be in too shady a part of town. Pretty convenient location, not too far from Phoenix and close enough to the major highways. Was fairly quiet though there are train tracks somewhere near by and the train blows its horn at night once and a while. For the price you pay it can't be beat. I have stayed at much worse places for more money. I would definitely stay here again next time I visit Phoenix.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
MESA
Reviewed 7 November 2011

American Executive Inn is clean, In good condition and is well managed by the owners.
My employees ask to stay here when they travel to Arizona. Great access to freeways and light rail. Close to colleges, restaurants.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Its rated as a 2 star hotel...haha more like a zero star! I made a reservation in my brothers name but wanted to pay with my card. I called ahead of time to make sure everything was good to go and a rude woman answered the phone and was very short with her words. I specifically asked if there would be any holds or additonal charges on my credit card until we checked out and the women said she didnt know what I was talking about, and that no hotels place holds on credit cards. I asked who I was speaking with and she said "the front desk", I then asked what is your name and she said "apple"? Who does that? When we arrived at the hotel the neighborhood was disgusting, run down, and the motel fit right in with its unpleasant exterior. The woman asked if I was the person who had just called and when I said yes her nasty attitude returned. The night ended with her refusing service to us and kicking us off the property because my name wasn't on the reservation even though I had already called and confirmed everything with her. I tried placing my name on the reservation just so we could have somewhere to stay for the night and she refused and didnt want to give us a refund. I then had to contact corporate just to get our money back. I definatley do not recommend renting a room here EVER!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cillers123

Travellers are raving about these Mesa hotels

aaaaaa
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Extra nice rooms, very friendly staff and great location. Needed low priced rooms and booked on line. Everyone was very happy with their freshly remodeled rooms and I like the price! Recommend to anyone looking for a clean room in Mesa.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rcon1
Roscoe, Illinois
Reviewed 31 March 2011

American Executive Inn was my "home" for the month of March, 2011, as I attended Cactus League Spring Training Baseball games. The location was ideal for my needs and the staff couldn't have been nicer! The Phoenix "Lite-Rail" is 2 blocks away and it takes you all over the city for a very low daily fare. My room was a 2 room suite with a full kitchen, including a microwave and full-size refrigerator. There wasn't a coffeemaker but the owner immediately provided one, as well as pots and pans, dishes, and some silverware. There was a clothes washer and dryer on the property, as well as a nice area for grilling out and picnicing. The pool water was 'cool' but that is to be expected in the early spring in Arizona. However, that didn't stop me and my family members from "taking a dip". I was a solo traveler for most of my stay but did recommend the property to my son and his 3 friends who stayed for 4 days and then my grandchildren joined me for my last 4 days. I would recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a well run, clean, and comfortable experience. The owners are Amazing!! Thanks for a great month.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and talk to the owners.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 1 March 2011

The American Executive Inn is exceptionally Clean, Comfortable, and Quiet. My wife and I unexpectedly bought a house which took a month and a half to close and ended up staying at this motel all of December and half of January.
Our room was spacious and comfortable to spend so much time in. The demi-kitchen worked and was clean. The bed was comfortable. We felt quite safe on walks in the neighborhood. No, it isn't a new five star Hilton, but for an older highway motel from the 60's It's an unusually good value. The owners are great and made a long wait better.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Always on the go
Reviewed 9 November 2010

If you can afford a couple of bucks more, go to a chain motel like motel 6. This property is old and poorly maintained and the location is not the greatest. If you don't mind hookers and drugies then by all means consider this place. I wondered why the office door was locked even in the daytime?

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank usatramp
americanxinn, Manager at American Executive Inn, responded to this review, 24 December 2010
We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay. Our rooms were renovated on January 2009, we completely changed carpets, furnitures, beds, drapery, air conditioning and other items. We are constantly updgrading the hotel/motel without disrupting any client's stay. Our door is shut and openend when the bell rings. Again, we apologize for not enjoying your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
3 Palms Hotel
3 Palms Hotel
#35 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to American Executive Inn? Share your experiences!