“Clean, Friendly, Comfortable.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Mesa B&B and Inns
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Clean, Friendly, Comfortable.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was a bit skeptical of other glowing reviews for this low-price hotel in West Mesa. However, the rooms are clean, staff friendly (the manager was concerned that our room was too small since we booked on Priceline, but it was fine) and the place was fairly full AND QUIET! The small room included a full kitchen (double sink, small fridge and oven/stove). The room wasn't painted boring white (it had three colors: white ceiling, tan walls with a darker accent on one wall). The bed wasn't the standard boring box (it was dark wood with tall corner posts). The bed seemed a little soft at first, but I slept very comfortably. The room had ample power receptacles easily located. The WiFi was fast enough to stream video and easy to log in. The widescreen TV looked new (but we didn't turn it on, so...) The bathroom was small (not accessible), but that doesn't bother us.

The outdoor pool looked clean and well cared for (a bit chilly for a swim, so we didn't try it out). Didn't see a fitness center.

Overall, I think this is the best budget hotel we've ever stayed at for this price point. It's NOT the Hilton, but it doesn't have Hilton prices either. Clean, comfortable, friendly, nice.

Room Tip: Rooms in the single-story section are a bit older, but there's no upstairs noise coming through...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

guy at the front desk is very friendly. rooms are clean, flat screen tv with top quality. very clean pool. i'm impressed. rooms are quite large and everything is good. only matrasses are a bit too soft for my taste.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andre H
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was a little scared when I booked this hotel b/c we booked it for 36 bucks... I said well its going to be one of two really really bad, or really really good.

This Inn turned out to be family owned. They greet you at any hour. We felt so bad b/c we woke them up at 2am but they were still so friendly to welcome us in. The rooms were clean and comfortable and had everything we needed for a quick pass through and a good nights sleep.

We would return here just because of how awesome and nice the couple is that run's this motel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Trvln4Fun_13
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had 2 rooms at this hotel for one night. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. It was a budget hotel but for our low price we paid it was fabulous. The owner/manager couple very friendly people. It was convenient for us as we were going to the baseball in Phoenix in the evening,20 min drive and then following morning to Salt river tubing also 20 min drive. Fabulous weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mintym00
Jacksonville Beach
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed @ this hotel for a total of 13 days, and I would definitely choose it again.
Due to my profession, I live in hotels, and this is by far one of the BEST values I have experienced.
They offer immaculate rooms and surrounding atmosphere, including the swimming pool.
The management and staff have gone out of their way to see to my needs and my comfort.
I have had MUCH worse service, at a MUCH higher cost.
I'm happy that this was a good choice.

Room Tip: I always ask for 1st floor, and close to the pool. I got both.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
phx az
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This was the cleanest, friendliest place I've stayed in a long time.. Checked in late so we were very tiered but needed to ask a lot of questions about the property, the attendant stated he was just helping the owner out but as soon as he found our information out he would let us know..

The phone rung 15 minutes later it was the attendant with all the info, that was well appreciated!

The Randles

Room Tip: You'll know when they answer the phone, customer service is the key..
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Golden Valley AZ
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My husband and I were in the Phoenix area for two nights and found this hotel to be conveniently located for our needs. The front desk staff was very courteous and welcoming.
It looked as if the grounds had just had a re do and the room we stayed in also seemed to have recently been painted and new carpet.
Overall it was not fancy but clean and comfortable which is what we required.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
3 Palms Hotel
3 Palms Hotel
#35 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to American Executive Inn? Share your experiences!