“It was so bad . . .” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Mesa B&B and Inns
Citrus Heights, California, Usa
“It was so bad . . .”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This place is so bad that we never made it to the room. The area is not good and the pictures on the web site are not a true indication of what the place is really like. I'm guessing that staff writes the glowing reviews under false names to get their star ratings. If there was a zero rating star it would still be too high. I wouldn't trust the owner/manager any further than I could throw him. My feeling is I'm not the only one to walk away but he still gets his money because the reservation was not cancelled 48 hours in advance and you end up getting charged for three nights. Anyone who stays here is a glutton for punishment.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, it's not worth the hassle.
Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Wish we had found this place at the beginning of our spring training week! A good size room, very quiet, full kitchen, good size refrigerator....and a very reasonable price.
We were here only one night and had no chance to explore the area, but it seems quite good and Cubs stadium is actually within walking distance, for those of us who are up to a good leg stretch.

Room Tip: At this price, breakfast is NOT included....and let's hope they keep the prices down and NOT off...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was a bit skeptical of other glowing reviews for this low-price hotel in West Mesa. However, the rooms are clean, staff friendly (the manager was concerned that our room was too small since we booked on Priceline, but it was fine) and the place was fairly full AND QUIET! The small room included a full kitchen (double sink, small fridge and oven/stove). The room wasn't painted boring white (it had three colors: white ceiling, tan walls with a darker accent on one wall). The bed wasn't the standard boring box (it was dark wood with tall corner posts). The bed seemed a little soft at first, but I slept very comfortably. The room had ample power receptacles easily located. The WiFi was fast enough to stream video and easy to log in. The widescreen TV looked new (but we didn't turn it on, so...) The bathroom was small (not accessible), but that doesn't bother us.

The outdoor pool looked clean and well cared for (a bit chilly for a swim, so we didn't try it out). Didn't see a fitness center.

Overall, I think this is the best budget hotel we've ever stayed at for this price point. It's NOT the Hilton, but it doesn't have Hilton prices either. Clean, comfortable, friendly, nice.

Room Tip: Rooms in the single-story section are a bit older, but there's no upstairs noise coming through...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

guy at the front desk is very friendly. rooms are clean, flat screen tv with top quality. very clean pool. i'm impressed. rooms are quite large and everything is good. only matrasses are a bit too soft for my taste.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andre H
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was a little scared when I booked this hotel b/c we booked it for 36 bucks... I said well its going to be one of two really really bad, or really really good.

This Inn turned out to be family owned. They greet you at any hour. We felt so bad b/c we woke them up at 2am but they were still so friendly to welcome us in. The rooms were clean and comfortable and had everything we needed for a quick pass through and a good nights sleep.

We would return here just because of how awesome and nice the couple is that run's this motel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Trvln4Fun_13
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had 2 rooms at this hotel for one night. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. It was a budget hotel but for our low price we paid it was fabulous. The owner/manager couple very friendly people. It was convenient for us as we were going to the baseball in Phoenix in the evening,20 min drive and then following morning to Salt river tubing also 20 min drive. Fabulous weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mintym00
Jacksonville Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed @ this hotel for a total of 13 days, and I would definitely choose it again.
Due to my profession, I live in hotels, and this is by far one of the BEST values I have experienced.
They offer immaculate rooms and surrounding atmosphere, including the swimming pool.
The management and staff have gone out of their way to see to my needs and my comfort.
I have had MUCH worse service, at a MUCH higher cost.
I'm happy that this was a good choice.

Room Tip: I always ask for 1st floor, and close to the pool. I got both.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesa
Mesa Mezona Hotel
Motel 6 Tempe ASU
Motel 6 Tempe ASU
#30 of 52 in Tempe
Rodeway Inn Near AZ State University

Been to American Executive Inn? Share your experiences!