“Very unhappy with management”

American Inn & Suites Mesa
Ranked #41 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
“Very unhappy with management”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed recently one night with my family. We stayed in a suite which was basically a little larger room with a hideabed and kitchenette. The room was pretty rundown overall and the blanket they gave my son was threadbare. Breakfast was okay. The real problem we ran into was with the shower. There was no hot water. Me. my wife and my son all tried to take showers and there was no hot water for any of us. I complained at chackout and asked for a rate adjustment, but the assistant manager was indignant. She said we should've told them at the time and they would've moved us to another room,and acted like it was my fault. I asked to talk to the manager, and they couldn't find him. I left him a message, and he never called me back. even after two additional messages. I called up Quality Inn's customer service, and they said he would have to respond. Supposedly, he sent me a letter which said I turned the shower knob the wrong direction. What a joke!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank yknot65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed here two nights. We were upstairs by the stairs - very noisy. Walls are very thin! Could hear everything anyone outside was saying or doing. Rooms are very dated. There were goldfish crackers on the floor by the front door - so cleaning leaves a little to be desired. Kind of felt like I didn't really want to touch too many surfaces. We had the suite with the bedroom seperate from the living area. There is only one a/c / heater in the room, which is in the living area. I'd beware if staying here during the Arizona summers. There is no way that they AC will reach the bedroom area where you sleep! Shower was nice & hot. Several people in our group had different types of rooms, so if you want something specific, I guess you need to ask. I'm not sure how they decided who got what type of room, we all paid the same price. We had to leave early both mornings so can't comment on breakfast. It is also on a busy street and near train tracks - you can hear the train about a few times in the middle of the night/early morning. Pool area was nice - ate our take out, outside at one of the tables one night

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MJ1644
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I've stayed here twice. The first time was for 3 weeks in Dec. 2010 and the second time was just a short overnight stay on my way back home. Both stays have been extremely comfortable.
The continental breakfast was better than expected and the management is extremely friendly.
I will be going back to the Meas area in March of 2011 and will certainly be staying at the Mesa Quality Inn & Suites where I've always been treated like family.
Thanks for making me feel at home.

Room Tip: I was in room 108 and as long as you don't want it for March 2012, that's a Suite I can vouc...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Summit, NJ
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here for a long weekend at an athletic competition. I had rented a car and was needing directions. The front desk staff, at all hours, could not have been more helpful.

The hotel is a short distance from both the airport and Sun Devil stadium and a 10 minute drive to downtown Phoenix. The room s were clean and the area is quiet. The free breakfast buffet, which I usually skip, was set up early (5:00 AM) for those of us attending or participating in the athletic event (Ironman). Fresh waffles at 6:00 AM are the best. Even with all the athletes present, there was plenty of fresh fruit, fruit juice and yogurt for all.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank luckyguy6688
Ladysmith, BC
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We've stayed at this motel four times now. Each time the staff has been excellent to us. The rooms are clean if a bit small and the location is excellent if you are passing through as it's only a block or so off the Superstition
Freeway. The pool is great, the breakfast bar okay and, as mentioned, the staff go out of their way to be helpful. We'll be back as the location and staff are excellent. We specially appreciated the service provided by Lino and Crystal.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterSherry
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I did not use the Shower in my hotel room, however, a previous guest left a bar of soap and a container of shampoo sitting on the shelf under the shower head. These items were there when I arrived, that same bar of soap and shampoo were still sitting on the shelf when I left. So the Hotel cleaning Staff didn't do much to clean the room during my Stay. I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights.

In addition I asked the hotel to extend my checkout time one hour to 12:00 Noon on my final day. At approximately 11:10 I heard Housekeeping banging on my door. Carmen Rodriquez, the main house keeping person opened up the door even with "The Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Fortunately I was dressed, I told her that I had arranged for a 12:00 Noon Checkout she said I had to vacate the room because it was after 11:00. I asked her to have the main desk contact me. She said "You call the main Desk".

It seemed that none of the front desk staff really cared about the issues I encountered during my stay. I would rate this hotel 1 out of 5 stars, because of the very poor attitude exhibited by Hotel staff.

Room Tip: Dont Stay Here....
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SwimDude1978

Travellers are raving about these Mesa hotels

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We traveled for seven hours to visit my son who was staying with his college baseball team at the Quality Inn in Mesa. I had not seen him since Christmas as he plays baseball in college in another state. Upon arriving in our room, the first thing you noticed was the filthy carpet. Second thing was the disgusting multi stained couch in the "living room" part of the "suite". In the second room, two queen beds were in this small room where you practically had to walk sideways between the beds. One bed was all the way pushed up to the wall as was the second one. I wouldn't allow my family to walk without shoes on the carpet or sit on the couch. The television never worked and had static on every channel except for one. I tried to get another room but was told they had none. I wanted to stay at the same hotel as we wanted to spend as much time as we could with him and not spend time traveling back and forth. Complaints to the front desk were what I would considered to be dismissed.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family